What's new

Kampfe Star Lathercatcher 1 st shave

I loaded up this bad boy with a Treet blade and did my normal routine. Used CF Essential Lime Oil cream. The first thing that struck me during the shave is now light the razor is and how aggressive it is. Though not as comfortable as many other of my razors, both DE and SE, the results were excellent. I think as I become more comfortable and tweak my established technique a touch to accomodate this razor it will become more comfortable. I did have to add a pass to my normal 3 pass routine but the results were just short of BBS. A DFS all around. I am going to enjoy using this one on a periodic basis if for no other reason than the historical value of the experience. I also found that lathercatcher to be a great convenience. All in all a very worthwhile purchase and a great experience.

All lather catchers are very light. The reason that your razor seems so aggressive is because you are use regular SE blades and that razor was designed for wedge blades. Flat modern SEs don't sit as close to the comb as the wedges do.

Top Bottom