What's new

ASB/Splash for spring and summer

Have been using Kanwa for NE winters. Now that summer is around the corner, I feel I should switch to ASB/splash for spring and winter....

any suggestions?

I was looking at TOBS splash - the blue liquid, forget the exact name, or

Bigelow Barber After-Shave Balm, or

lucido

For a splash, Masters Bay Rum. I just started using it in September, but was in Florida last month, and wore it every day. A great warm weather scent.

How to choose? There are so many, and everyone's taste is different.

For me, Emerald Water has become my go-to splash. It has a clean, herbal scent that's gone fairly immediately. I also find it to be very healing & moisturizing. I like it much better than Speick.

For summertime, I'm partial to SCS's menthol splashes, particularly the Blue Line splash. Mediterranean Citrus or Extract of Lime works well, too! :thumbup1:

Any recommendations for Proraso splash in the summer? I was thinking about ordering some tomorrow.

In the summer it is Proraso or Aqua Velva every time, I think the Proraso's skin care slightly edges it for me but I love the AV smell.

For me, Emerald Water has become my go-to splash. It has a clean, herbal scent that's gone fairly immediately. I also find it to be very healing & moisturizing. I like it much better than Speick.

Tell me more! Where do you find this stuff? Does Pasteur carry it?

I was looking at TOBS splash - the blue liquid, forget the exact name

That would be St. James. I think it's a good middle of the road scent that can be used year round. It's not too heavy for the summer, but it isn't citrusy for the winter either.

I'd also suggest: Proraso, something Lavender, or something Lime.

My absolute favorite summer scent is Gentlemen's Best Signature Series. But that doesn't really help...

Tell me more! Where do you find this stuff? Does Pasteur carry it?

A prior post led me to the Monastic Shop at Buckfast Abbey, which distributes Emerald Water along with Opaline Lotion (another highly-regarded aftershave product from the monasteries of France). Look under both the "Cosmetics and Perfumes" and the "Oils and Lotions" sections. I have both of these on the way as a birthday present from my wife, and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I would wear Menthol in -20deg (and have)... if you're looking for something with plenty of cooling effect on the cheap, check out Barbasol Pacific Rush from Dollar General. Much more cooling (and alcohol) than Proraso AS Splash. The scent is nice and clean as well. It's slowly become my go-to AS Splash, displacing Proraso unless my WH splash tells me I've had a particularly rough shave.

Spring - Speick, Musgo, Booster June Clover

Summer - Osage Rub, Proraso, Alt Innsbruck, Booster Polar Ice & Pinaud Citrus Musk (just not all at the same time!). The Alt Innsbruck is the current summer favorite.

Last edited:
Spring... Musgo if it's still early spring and chilly. Speick should be a good spring scent as well and is lighter than Musgo.

Summer favorites: mostly Proraso, with some TOBS Victorian Lime and Pinaud Citrus Musk when I feel the need for lime.

Top Bottom