What's new

Doc Martens v Alden v Wolverine?

Mr. MB,

Thanks for the heads-up on the Orvis boots. While I certainly don't need another pair of boots, I did go to the site to take advantage of the great deal, but they were sold out! Awesome deal so that's expected, and I'm no worse off.

On a related note I'm wearing my 1k's as I type this and I love them! They still get my vote, but I hope which ever boot you choose serves you well!

Last edited:
I loves my redwings...I'm a big Dr Martens fan but they don't come in 1/2 sized which ruins it for me. My Redwings are awesome, though a bit costly..

Steve

Ok, so now after all this, I've decided to revisit the RedWings.
Tried to find a local seller for the 1000 milers and came up short, BUT did find a pair of the Iron Rangers at a Nordstroms.

It was love at first sight.... :tongue_sm

SO on to finding one at a decent price.
Turns out that Orvis has a rebranded copy called the 'Cannon Valley' boot, only for cheaper and on closeout.
size 10.5 for $127? HELLO!!!
But, too big after my sizing at the store. Looks like I need a size 10.
None in stock :(((

If anyone is looking for size 12 boots, they have some left for just over $107 - a steal for this quality.
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=0L5T
In the meantime, I think I can get a better deal for the Red Wings GT in black, than the Wolvie's in black (or even the Iron Rangers).

I've got one mounding bill after another lately, so I'm hoping they'll turn up on some massive sale somewhere between Memorial Day and Father' Day.
Best deal at the moment (until next week) is $224 shipped for the RW GT in black.
http://www.bakershoe.com/search.cfm/product/red-wing-heritage-gentleman-traveler-black/

Thank you as always for the helpful crowd here at B&B :001_cool:

50 percent off? Is there a coupon code for that? I'd jump on a pair of 1000 mile boots at that kind of discount.

I'm going to order 2 pairs of wolverine off of their website for 50% off and i'm having trouble deciding which ones to get... i'm pretty much decided on at least one of these or i may get 2 pairs of them, but i'm having trouble finding some black ones that are like it. they don't need to be dressy at all, and i wanted something to go good with jeans so i was thinking black would look better than the others. do you think these or these better? i think i lik ethe second ones, but it's harder to tell w/o seeing the actual shoe.

I,ve got 2 pair of 1ks, the 721 and addisons, just tried on the Alden Indy in chromoexcel, and I havent worn docs since high school.

I'm a 11?5 d/e usually The 721s are ridiculous, the addisons in chromoexcel are nice too, the Alden's fit me on the trubalance nicely.

I'd go for the 1k and Alden before the docs.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the guy who posted in a 4 year dead thread about some nebulous discount and only has one post is probably a bot and not going to respond to your inquiries.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the guy who posted in a 4 year dead thread about some nebulous discount and only has one post is probably a bot and not going to respond to your inquiries.
haha, you are right!

I wonder what the purpose of that bot is though? Drive more traffic to Wolverine store? I mean, once you go there and see there isn't a 50% off special going now, you aren't going to buy them...weird.

Yeah. But when I saw 50 percent off, I figured it was worth a shot ...

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Wolverine boots don't come in my size - they have too narrow and too wide for my feet. But if they fit well and you like them they are very popular. I own the Alden's, but I obviously like the way they look. I would never spend big money on boots that will last for 20 years and at the same time not please my eye.

My most comfortable shoes have been comfortable from day one. I'm not at all sure I would agree with the cobbler who suggested otherwise. In any event, don't purchase shoes that don't fit well in the store.

just found out Bakers boots is 45 miles from me , visited and found a killer sale on alden big sizes bought a black indy 11 e for 200 could not pass it up. now I have two indy boots.

Wolverine boots don't come in my size - they have too narrow and too wide for my feet. But if they fit well and you like them they are very popular. I own the Alden's, but I obviously like the way they look. I would never spend big money on boots that will last for 20 years and at the same time not please my eye.

My most comfortable shoes have been comfortable from day one. I'm not at all sure I would agree with the cobbler who suggested otherwise. In any event, don't purchase shoes that don't fit well in the store.

Interesting music man, I have 2 or 3 pair wolverine 1000 miles and I typically wear a wide, 2e or so.. In fact most of the 1000s have fit me when I tried them on. I have tried on the chromoexcel and regular indies and iirc they were definitely wider in the toe box.

Top Bottom