What's new

P&G Old Spice in glass bottle

A mom & pop pharmacy has one package of P&G OS aftershave in the older style packaging. The bottle is white glass and the cap is grey. Looks like this photo:

proxy.php

Is there a chance that the product inside might actually resemble the original or more likely the "sweet and powdery"?

I ask because I cannot open the contents to smell it.

Anyone?

IIRC, there was a period of time when P&G was using Shulton stuff. I have some glass bottle P&G like the item pictured (cologne), and I swear it smells like the Shulton stuff, although that just might be the contents ageing, or the voices in my head tricking me yet again.

Not sure but the $1.60 crap from Family Dollar is damn near a dead ringer for the original aside from the ugly tartar sauce bottle!

I have a bottle of Ivy Club "Spice". Great stuff.

As I recall that Glass bottle was five bucks and change. I'll think about snagging it tomorrow morning.

As I recall that Glass bottle was five bucks and change. I'll think about snagging it tomorrow morning.

Don't think about it, just do it. You are unlikely to see another bottle of glass Old Spice in the wild.

I think Old Spice went to plastic in 2003, so that bottle has been sitting there for 8 years!!

In fact, ask the store manger/ owner if they have any other old shaving products they might have in the storeroom. Perhaps they have a DE razor still in the sealed packaging laying around. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Don't think about it, just do it. You are unlikely to see another bottle of glass Old Spice in the wild.

I think Old Spice went to plastic in 2003, so that bottle has been sitting there for 8 years!!

:thumbup1:

JACKPOT!

No sweet or powder scent here. This is 100% spice! :)

Woo hoo! This stuff smells GREAT! :thumbup:

Too bad it was the last bottle they had.

One of my glass bottles of OS has both the Shulton and P&G references on it as well. I think the date for the copyright on it was 1997. The contents are a nice strong spicey wonder that I very well enjoy :001_tt1:. Nice score, enjoy it and keep feeding that vintage OS habit.

Shulton OS addiction makes heroin addiction look like a craving for something salty. :punk:

The product I purchased this morning (P&G OS A/S in glass bottle) has a much spicier sent and no "powder" component like my new bottle of P&G OS Cologne...but it's still "sweeter" and less "soapy" like my bottle of Vi-John Ivy Club Spice.

I don't have a new bottle of P&G OS aftershave. Probably won't buy any, either.

Last edited:

Ditto. I'm wearing it right now actually.

Get that OS just for the bottle alone. You can always transfer some Ivy Club into it!

Do you know if that is true for Europe too? All I have been seeing here till now are glass bottles...

I had a glass bottle of the stuff in the mid-90's and thought it smelled different than my dad's bottle from the 80's.. not sure if there was a change between the two or not, but to me the 80's bottle was sweeter smelling..

I found a nice glass bottle of OS Pure Sport A/S last year.. it will make a nice decanter for something when I'm done with the juice..

A mom & pop pharmacy has one package of P&G OS aftershave in the older style packaging. The bottle is white glass and the cap is grey. Looks like this photo:

proxy.php

Is there a chance that the product inside might actually resemble the original or more likely the "sweet and powdery"?

I ask because I cannot open the contents to smell it.

Anyone?

Just buy it, the worst is it's the new stuff and you may get lucky and get the Shulton version, BTW did you check the back of the box and see if it says P&G or Shulton, That's what I usually do when finding something that looks a bit different.

It's P&G on the box, on the back of the bottle, and inside the bottle.

Less "powdery" than what's in the plastic bottle, and less "soapy" than the wonderful Vi-Jon Ivy Club clone.

From here on out I'm buying only Ivy Club or Indian-Shulton Old Spice. Present production is just too...."too". :glare:

This thread just kicked my memory, on Feb. 1st I bought 4 bottles of Old Spice AS 4.2 oz, they listed the Manufacturer as Shulton and the picture of the bottle has the Grey cap and on the bottle it says Original, not Classic like the P&G offering.

When I received the product, the OS box had CLASSIC on it and the bottles were also CLASSIC with the RED CAP.

I fired off a complaint to the company about the mistake and pointed out they incorrectly listed Shulton, which appears nowhere on the actual product, and haven't heard back. I refused to pay the shipping to send it back but WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN, BUYER BEWARE OF FRAGRANCENET

THe new posting and they haven't changed anything;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160550800217

UPDATE: I was finally contacted by Fragrancenet and they have corrected the Advertisement for the Old Spice AS, which NOW shows the "Classic" AS with the RED CAP.

Last edited:
This thread just kicked my memory, on Feb. 1st I bought 4 bottles of Old Spice AS 4.2 oz, they listed the Manufacturer as Shulton and the picture of the bottle has the Grey cap and on the bottle it says Original, not Classic like the P&G offering.

When I received the product, the OS box had CLASSIC on it and the bottles were also CLASSIC with the RED CAP.

I fired off a complaint to the company about the mistake and pointed out they incorrectly listed Shulton, which appears nowhere on the actual product, and haven't heard back. I refused to pay the shipping to send it back but WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN, BUYER BEWARE OF FRAGRANCENET

THe new posting and they haven't changed anything;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160550800217

The bottle shown is a P&G bottle, too.

The bottle shown is a P&G bottle, too.

I haven't seen a P&G with a Grey cap that says original, and if you look at the Items & specifics the Manufacturer is listed as Shulton. I wouldn't complain if my bottle was Grey capped, said "Original" and Manufactured by Shulton.

If you saw an ad for a Grey Oldsmobile Cutlass and received a New smaller Grey Monte Carlo I guess it would be alright, they're both made by GM, even though one is a Chevy.

Sorry, but I like getting what's advertised, I could buy the P&G version in the store for ~$2.00 less and save the shipping on top of that. It's mainly a point of misleading advertising, like I wrote to Fragnet, if I'd known I wouldn't have ordered 4.

Top Bottom