What's new

What's your favorite North American whisky or bourbon for sipping straight?

Just got the last bottle of Rittenhouse BIB 100 proof Rye at my Total Wine store -paid $24 for it. Did I overpay?:lol:
Not in the least...I'd gladly pay $24 for a few bottles to tide me over until I go to Atlanta again. Can't get the stuff here in Alabama; all we occasionally have is the vastly inferior lower proof (can't remember if it's 80 or 86, but it's...not good).

Not in the least...I'd gladly pay $24 for a few bottles to tide me over until I go to Atlanta again. Can't get the stuff here in Alabama; all we occasionally have is the vastly inferior lower proof (can't remember if it's 80 or 86, but it's...not good).

Good to hear it! I spashed an ounce in my new fave Glencairn glass last night and WOW! Such a great stuff!!! Tried it also with a little splash of water and... :001_rolle Bottom line- straight is much better!:thumbup1:

Must have

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1416496291689.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1416496291689.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
Right now I think it's Buffalo Trace and Knob Creek Single Barrel. I thought both of these were much better straight than with ice, splash of water, etc.

For sipping neat my go-to at the moment is Evan Williams Single Barrel. A little less heat at 86 proof. But always a stellar bottle.

Top Bottom