What's new

What's your favorite North American whisky or bourbon for sipping straight?

I have tried the boutique bourbons - some of which are quite good...... but I keep coming back to Maker's Mark or Crown Royal.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
For me...I really like George Dickel No. 12 (90 proof), Tennessee 'Sippin' Whisky .

Very smooth and full-bodied when 'Sippin' and this Whisky has a hint of maple sweetness and a 'touch' of spice and is aromatic with a medium-dry finish.

By far...the best and 'smoothest' Sour Mash Whisky I've had...best sipped with a splash of water (I like it 'on-the-rocks' and let the cubes melt before 'Sippin'), and does mix well (with Cranapple Juice), and especially wonderful when 'paired' with a Cuban or Non-Cuban Cigar.
proxy.php

"A cigar is as good as [the] memories that you have when you smoked it". Raul Julia

full

PS George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee 'Sippin' Whisky image is courtesy of B & B Member Castlecraver :thumbup1:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74005

Christopher
proxy.php
"Drinking is a way of ending the day". Ernest Hemingway

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Kentucky so I tend to stick to our local stuff.

Along with Makers Mark try:

Wild Turkey 101
Elijah Craig
Even Williams Black Label

I like any of those mixed or straight:thumbup1:

I live in Kentucky so I tend to stick to our local stuff.

Along with Makers Mark try:

Wild Turkey 101
Elijah Craig
Even Williams Black Label

I like any of those mixed or straight:thumbup1:

Both of those Van Winkles are made in Kentucky right there at Buffalo Trace.:001_smile

I sip 'em all straight. Well, on the rocks, but no mixers.

Regular "house" bourbon is 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, very smooth and a great price. I'll bump up the budget every once in awhile for Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek.

Bourbon of the gods, as always, remains George T. Stagg, from the annual BTAC release---I've purchased a case the last three years running. :thumbup1:

NANP™

I drink Havenhill. It's about $15 for a 1.75 litre bottle and has alcohol in it.
just to tell you the truth, whiskey has no business comming in a metric bottle! I know I can get drunk on 1.75 litres but I have no idea how much that is.

My standby is Woodford Reserve...smooth with a slightly sweet after taste. I do intend to try the small batch Knob Creek sometime soon but Woodford Reserve makes a mean Old Fashioned...lol

Last edited:
the new maker's mark is good.
any of the small batch bourbon colletion is good but especially bookers
Blanton's is my standby for guests who like good bourbon
Knob Creek and standad Makers Mark are my offers for those relatively new to the good stuff.

Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey. Made with the same process as Scotch but since it's not made in Scotland they can't call it that. It has received high ratings.

Top Bottom