What's new

Aftershave for particular soaps?

So I was wondering, is there an aftershave that you use for a particular soap/cream in your rotaion?

For instance, SWMBO does not really like the Tabac scent of the shaving soap but I dearly love the shave. Is there a aftershave that would go well with this or does it even matter?

Furthermore, is there an aftershave and soap combination that is to be avoided?

My Italian soaps/creams are always followed by either Floid Blue or Proraso. Beyond those, I don't have a specific AS linked to other soap in my rotation.

Wnenever possible, I try to match the same brand of AS to whatever soap or cream I'm using.

If that's not possible, I at least try to match the country of origin ... so yesterday, I used Lavanda cream followed by Musgo Real Classic Splash ... both from Portugal. I could have also used 444 balm.

Spieck AS goes just fine with almost anything and works great with Tabac. Another AS that may match the scent of Tabac better is Alt Innsbruck because of the tobacco scent. Alt is one of my wifes favs. If your significant other doesn't like the scent of Tabac try Irish Moos. It's the same soap as Tabac with different scent (I'm sure you knew that already). I have the AS Balm and after using it for a straight week my skin feels and looks great.

Both the scent of soaps and creams do not linger for long after the shave so most any A/S will work fine. The challenge sometimes is finding the right EDT to match your A/S.

Top Bottom