What's new

Double Ring All Time High ?

Damn good looking for 107 years old. Pop a razor in and have a shave. Don't worry about shims, it will shave fine.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
That has probably the best plating I've seen on one of those, a lot better than mine. Nice.

I don't see any plating loss on it except for the little dark spot on the thread. The interior of the razor barrel is even pristine, no old soap scum or corrosion. If this razor was ever used it had to be very lightly.

I don't see any plating loss on it except for the little dark spot on the thread. The interior of the razor barrel is even pristine, no old soap scum or corrosion. If this razor was ever used it had to be very lightly.

It's really a beautiful piece. It looks much better than the auction pics. I think you did very well

:crying:

Amazing.

:drool:

I must say, you have a very nice antique there. It's a real beauty.

That's the kind of razor I could never shave with. Murphy's Law would be all over me. I'd drop it the tile, and break a couple teeth off, bang my head trying to pick it up, slip on the floor rushing to see how bad the damage is, drop the blade taking it apart and instinctively grasp it mid air full fist slicing all the tendons in my fingers, then knock the handle into the toilet and bump the lever to flush when I passed out.

Just sayin...

That's the kind of razor you coat in bee's wax and set up under glass. I could make a shadow box with glass and hang it on the wall with a chair in front of it and just wrap a bib around my neck to catch the drool..

So happy for you!!

Congratulations!!

Intrigued

:crying:

Amazing.

:drool:

I must say, you have a very nice antique there. It's a real beauty.

That's the kind of razor I could never shave with. Murphy's Law would be all over me. I'd drop it the tile, and break a couple teeth off, bang my head trying to pick it up, slip on the floor rushing to see how bad the damage is, drop the blade taking it apart and instinctively grasp it mid air full fist slicing all the tendons in my fingers, then knock the handle into the toilet and bump the lever to flush when I passed out.

Just sayin...

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the kind of razor you coat in bee's wax and set up under glass. I could make a shadow box with glass and hang it on the wall with a chair in front of it and just wrap a bib around my neck to catch the drool..

So happy for you!!

Congratulations!!

I did give it a coat of Renaissance Wax after I polished it lightly with Maas, then I put it in here. :blushing:

View attachment 150881

I didn't put on a bib though. :blush:

Absolutely lovely razor...I don't know what you paid and don't care, it was worth it. But do take it out of the case once in a while and use it for its intended purpose. I'll bet KCG had these earliest models quite heavily plated and, with care, should last many generations.

Congratulations!

- Bill

Intrigued

Absolutely lovely razor...I don't know what you paid and don't care, it was worth it. But do take it out of the case once in a while and use it for its intended purpose. I'll bet KCG had these earliest models quite heavily plated and, with care, should last many generations.

Congratulations!

- Bill

I've got this old type to use without the worry. This did clean up better then I thought it would but the handles warped, its got a bent tooth, and the head is down to brass so I don't have to concern myself about an epic fail of dropping him. :tongue_sm

View attachment 150906 View attachment 150907

Intrigued

replated? :blink:

I don't think so. The knurling and "PAT. APL'D FOR" are very crisp and sharply defined as are the teeth. I can't see any signs of replating covering normal wear and tear as you'd have in a razor that had seen a lot of use. So if it has been replated, it had to be a razor that never saw much use to begin with.

Top Bottom