What's new

I hate to admit it....but the DE89L lives up to the hype....

It really is the perfect everyday razor. I have a futur, as 23c, 34c, 37c, and the EJ and I find myself using it more than any of the others and loving the shave every time...

I have no problems with any of the other razors but the ej is the perfect combination of elegance, balance, and comfort.

Cheers.

I have the EJ89L i love it so much im going to get the EJ89 Since it just a Nice smooth Chrome Finish with out the Lines like the EJ89L, and ill have both of those pretty Ladies in my Shaving Collection, you cant beat That with a Stick 2 Excellent looking , Great Shavers for under $70.00 Now that's a Bargain if you ask me :thumbup1:

The DE89L is better than a slant (37C)?? :blink:

2 very different razors. I use the slant when I can't shave for a few days and more than average growth is on my face. Not that the EJ couldn't handle it but the slant is better in that aspect.

But for an everyday go to razor...you just can't beat the DE89.

No, but it comes close, very close.

It does take a little more time, usually one more pass than the slant to get the same results.

It is still a very good razor, and beautifully designed. I wish Jagger would come out with a Slant Bar and an Open Comb design, though.

I can only compare EJ's German counterpart (Mühle R89) with the 37G but I must say that though I like the Slant's head design, balance and ease of use of the Mühle are a lot better. I find the 37G (and the 34C for that matter) not fitting my hand very well and a bit clumsy with the too short, too thick and relative too heavy handle. A matter of personal preference of course, but I would replace the Mühle the day I lost it; not so with the Merkurs.

I went through about 15 razors trying to find the "perfect" razor. I always bought used, and perhaps lost $2-$3 on each razor (but made it all up by finding a Rocket HD for $12 and selling it for $60)

The 89 DEL was the best, although the Rocket HD was a very close second, as it the Red Tip.

I've always wanted to be a "one razor" guy, and the 89 DEL is the one razor for me. :thumbup1:

My first shave with a DE86 yesterday wasnt great. I have strictly used a Progress the last couple years and I think I had trouble getting the blade angle right. Also, since it is lighter than the Progress I think I may have been using too much pressure trying to compensate. Hopefully I get it right because I have high hopes for this razor based on all the high praise it is getting. I was actually very happy with my Progress and have no reason to switch other than curiosity...

Nevermind, I found a pic at West Coast Shaving

proxy.php

The EJ89L had been my razor of choice pretty much from the start, however, acquiring a Merkur 39C recently, has led me alter that opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love my EJ, I also have the 87, but there is something extra special about my 39C that just cries out "use me".

When I first got the DE89l I didnt like it. It wasn't until I put a feather in there that it proved it's worth

Top Bottom