What's new

If money was no object, what wet shaving item would you want?

About a week after I started wet shaving, I found myself thinking......What would I get if money was no object? So, I'll send the question out to the fine folks of B&B. Please pick just one item.
I'll go first.....

A Plisson in HMW Genuine Horn handle size 18.

Last edited:
proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If money was no object, a newly remodeled, upscaled bathroom (shave den) perfectly designed for wetshaving nirvana.

All 130 mama bear soaps, a water badger brush, Thiers island straight 7 day/ week set, all of ambrose's strops, all the gillettes cased.

Robert Ellis custom or Mastro Livi. One of those fancy high dollar Japanese strops. A truck load of J-nats. NOS DD and Puma. How many can we pick?

EDIT: Oooooops ... got carried away there. Thanks gixxer, only one. Still leaving my other answer at the bottom.

Only one ... blade would have to be japanese in a faux frameback style, the ones the japanese make with VERY angular framebacks. Iwasaki blade, tamahagane of course. Roman numerals of the year it was made on the spline. Scales would be a marquetrie of mamoth teeth and ivory on african blackwood (all of the natural materials being recovered/pre-ban of course). The marqueterie of the ranging white/beige/yellow/brown colours would create the image of a woman's back on one side, and front on the other, neoclassical style ... yeah ;-)

Now if I could have a few, aaaaaah, what a great question ;-)

-A 7-day Iwasake western style set ... oh god ... yes. Days in japanese, written on the thick of the blade.
-A 7-day Thiers set in Ivory, shoulderless french point, days of the week en francais.
-A 7-day Wacker set in multicoloured horn, 1/4 hohl mit spanischen Kopf, days of the week in deutsch.
-A 7-day rescale of my favourite sheffield wedges, in sterling silver scales with seven scenes of UK (Westminster palace and bridge, big ben, royal observatory at greenwhich, tower bridge, house of P, Buck palace, Trafalgar square).
-One very early 7 day set, with a single highly sculpted old ivory handle and 7 massive interchangeable wedge blades ... I have seen this and it is the stunnnnnnning.
-And finally, a modern version of the Kampfe 7 day set, milled in stainless, designed in CAD, handle allowing the short blades to be stroped and honed, created with an engineer AND an artisan AND an artist, german leaf engraving throughout, gunsmith style, days of the week in latin.
-One DE, long horn handle like the Joris, heavy platinum plating on exposed metal, Muhle R89 head. Again, I guess a proprietary design.

Aaaaaaaaah, that was fun :) thanks for that.

Last edited:
Rapier... DOOD only one!!!

A Butch Harner custom 6/8 straight round point, fileworked spine. Wait, maybe a barber's notch. Made from CPM154 steel with the sickest ironwood burl scales in existence. Ever. Even if the piece of raw wood was $500 by itself. With my initials engraved in some sweet calligraphy on one side, filled with gold flake.

Last edited:
Probably a 7 day straight razor set, handmade by a Japanese sword smith before being blessed in a ritual to always give me the perfect shave :)

Seeing as we are dreaming.......

I would probably have one of these:

proxy.php

but the expensive part of the equation would be the Footman to hone and keep it shave ready :001_rolle

Just one item??????

Ok my one item would be a complete set of Gillette razors - one of each model and style they made.

If that is breaking the rules of this thread - a mint Toggle.

I can't give a precise answer, because it would be necessary to do a bit more reading first. It would be one of those super expensive brushes, though, whatever I decided was top of the line. Even though I'm happy with the inexpensive boars and badgers I have now, I admit I'm curious as to what the fuss is about.

if money is no object i would pay someone to shave me, cause damnit i cant get these angles right!

id gladly spend the money on no more razor burn vs the issues i have now

Top Bottom