What's new

One great shave, compliments of Mama Bear.

For the past few weeks I have been using pre-shave oils and a rotating mix of different shaving creams (Proraso, Taylor’s Lavender, Taylor’s Avocado, T&H 1805). But last night I went with a very simple shave method. I shave in the shower, so my face gets lots of water warm water prior to my shave. I did not use any pre-shave oil, or cream or conditioner or anything. I simply took my shower, then pointed my shower had to the side so water was not directly on me then broke out my trusted Mama Bear Celestial Waters soap (fabulous scent for those who have not tried it). I lathered up a wonderful pile of fragrant, slippery shaving goodness and went to work with my Progress on 5. I usually stick to a 2 pass regimen, one pass north to south and the second east to west. It was quite simply the best shave of my DE/Wet Shaving career. I’m not sure why this shave was so much better then others, but it was fantastic. Perhaps using all those pre-shave oils or creams, or using hair conditioner on my face was making it harder for me, but I like to think that the reason my shave was so good was one reason, MAMA BEAR!!! I closed up with some Thayer’s Witch Hazel (even though it makes me smell like the bathroom of my wife’s grandmother) and some fragrance free Gillette after shave gel, and spent the next little bit facerbating in comfort. Thanks Mama Bear for such great products.:thumbup:

Top Bottom