What's new

Toggle F4

That set off some alarm bells, nearly all TTO auctions mention that the razor works, especially if it is an expensive razor and the seller has done their homework.

I think that could have been part of the reason why it went for so little. It can be fixed, but if the seller doesn't explicitly say it adjusts/works, there is no guarantee that it does

I think that could have been part of the reason why it went for so little. It can be fixed, but if the seller doesn't explicitly say it adjusts/works, there is no guarantee that it does

I'm sure someone must have asked over private message - I almost always ask about OC razors to make sure the teeth are all there and straight. A non-response and I assume the teeth are bad.

Considering how desperate the seller was to post a "BUY ME PLEASE" note to their auction, I wonder if the normal bidders stayed out for a reason.

When it comes to vintage stuff, you must provide as much Detail as possible, Also if something doesn't work, you must state it, otherwise your looking for negative feedback and a full Refund from EBay, Trust me Ive gotten my money back several times, EBay checks listing, Emails sent to seller, etc, then all they tell you to ship it back, provide them with a tracking number, and you get an instant Refund, Especially Someone like me that buys also and sells some also. and Ive also gotten Refund Money to work it out, so yes, when you list vintage stuff you must be clear, if something doesn't work correctly you must state it, otherwise you will be in for a loss..

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to have it replated, I just don't think the plating is bad enough to justify a replate. But its your razor, obviously, and I do think a rhodium toggle would be sick, which is what I am planning to do with mine.

I don't know how ebay deals with this. And although the system is stacked in the buyers favor, the description doesn't say anywhere that it works properly. That is a gamble you take with adjustable. Some sellers might be willing to do something if it's jammed, but I think everyone selling a toggle knows what it is and they aren't going to work with you. Buyer beware, my 2 cents...

But think of it like this, i list a car up for bid, you win, Now when you get it, you cant drive it, because the motor is bad, Do you think u would get your money back if the person who listed it didn't mention it? Same goes for the TTO if it doesn't work Properly or has some kind of defect i cant shave with it or use it for what its purpose is intended for, shaving, and you can't use that car for driving, and that's what its made for to drive. it would be deceiving to put up such an add where something looks nice and doesn't work, this is what EBay is against , That's my point :biggrin1:

But think of it like this, i list a car up for bid, you win, Now when you get it, you cant drive it, because the motor is bad, Do you think u would get your money back if the person who listed it didn't mention it? Same goes for the TTO if it doesn't work Properly or has some kind of defect i cant shave with it or use it for what its purpose is intended for, shaving, and you can't use that car for driving, and that's what its made for to drive. it would be deceiving to put up such an add where something looks nice and doesn't work, this is what EBay is against , That's my point :biggrin1:

I'm not an expert on this, I was simply pointing out that the auction didn't mention it working. BTW, you CAN shave with it, even if the dial is jammed. But this toggle did go pretty low, so even if it is jammed, I think it's worth fixing at the price you paid rather than sending it back and letting it go to auction again.

I really hope for your sake that it all works and what not. :thumbup1:

I saw this one a few hours before it ended and it was only at $60ish dollars. I looked at the other open toggle auctions and they were all $150 - $200 with 2 - 4 days left. I think the reason it went for so low is because the seller did not use the word "toggle" once. Therefore people searching specifically for "toggle" would not find this razor.

Too bad for the seller and good buy (hopefully) for the buyer. I remember the thread a few days ago where everybody was telling the person how to word her toggle auction. One person even said to title it, "Blah Blah Blah Toggle Blah blah" and it would still go for a couple hundred dollars. :lol: Seems like that was very accurate advice.

Thanks,
CZ

I recently re-plated an F date code Toggle.
I did it because I use it. It's the best of the USA made Gillette's.

Why they go for so much is a mystery to me.
Darn fine razor, but not worth several hundred dollars in user grade condition.

But if you do have one, they are meant to be used.
Ok, maybe not the Prototype, or maybe not a minty D code one, but a user grade F code is.

Re-plating is cheap enough. I just didn't want to use a cruddy old razor that didn't look all shiny and purdy.

You'll never see it on the 'bay or the BST, I'll be buried with it.:tongue_sm

Toggle lovers unite!

Top Bottom