What's new

Where to sharpen and hone a straight?

I just picked up a straight It is a "ERN", 465.. It needs to be sharpened and honed. Do I take it to someone who sharpens knives and tools? Should they specialize in razors? Any thoughts? Thanks.

A general tool and knife sharpener will not do a good job on a razor. You should find someone who shaves with straight razors which they hone themselves. This is a specialty.

I thought Whipped Dog might be able to help. It needs some work, as it is a used blade with some rust on the edge. I only paid $5.00, so to spend a bit to refurbish it is not unreasonable. Has anyone taken this rout? I hope this will be a good beginners blade. Does anyone have information on this razor?

I thought Whipped Dog might be able to help. It needs some work, as it is a used blade with some rust on the edge. I only paid $5.00, so to spend a bit to refurbish it is not unreasonable. Has anyone taken this rout? I hope this will be a good beginners blade. Does anyone have information on this razor?

I'm sure Larry at Whipped Dog could help, Ambrose and NERDMAN could do any restoration work that you need as well.

If you want to keep it in Canada I'm sure there are a few guys out East who could help, or if you don't mind sending it to Saskatchewan I'll hone it up for you. Send me some pics of the rust, as if it needs a light resto I'll need a couple bucks kicked in, but for a plain old honing I'll do it for shipping.

Legion

Staff member
If you want to keep it in Canada I'm sure there are a few guys out East who could help, or if you don't mind sending it to Saskatchewan I'll hone it up for you. Send me some pics of the rust, as if it needs a light resto I'll need a couple bucks kicked in, but for a plain old honing I'll do it for shipping.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom