What's new

Semogue Owners Club.......

Hi, gents!!!

I need to know if the users of SOC in bristle have a problems with face lather, I have this brush and love it for bowl lather but personally with the face lather in the third pase the brush begin to absorb the soap or cream. I have three months with the brush and the bristles are broken.

Hi, gents!!!

I need to know if the users of SOC in bristle have a problems with face lather, I have this brush and love it for bowl lather but personally with the face lather in the third pase the brush begin to absorb the soap or cream. I have three months with the brush and the bristles are broken.

If the brush is broken in, I would fault either the soap or the loading.

With softer soaps like Cella, loading is easy. Switch from that to a harder soap like a vintage Colgate and loading requires some time. It will seem like you're going way overboard before you even get half the same amount of a hard soap loaded that you would have loaded in seconds with a soft soap. A Nice LONG hot soak of the puck helps a great deal, but you still have to put a little time in during the loading. Of course if you're using a soft soap this doesn't matter.

Try absolutely drenching the brush in soap. Load it 3-4x more than you typically do, and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

+1 on the extra loading. I have one and find it loads slower than some of my badgers. If I'm not thinking sometimes I too have to reload it on the third or fourth pass.

Hi, gents!!!

Which one do you have - the beechwood version?

Yes inclusive when I make lather in a bowl need extra loading the brush but the result is awesome love it the brush but really I never try with extra for face lather.

Top Bottom