What's new

Bowl design

Hi all. I know I'm new here so maybe I just haven't stumbled upon the answer (I did look, honest!)

Just finished reading an excellent thread/tutorial about grating soap to be form fitting to the bowl. As I understand it, this is to avoid chasing the puck around the bowl.

So my question is: Why not have a bowl with little fins to hold the puck in place (I've seen some candle holders like that, but that's a bigger spike than I'm imagining)?

Is the the next $1M idea?

...snip...
So my question is: Why not have a bowl with little fins to hold the puck in place (I've seen some candle holders like that, but that's a bigger spike than I'm imagining)?

Is the the next $1M idea?

you mean like this?

OLD SPICE MUGS have the ridges you are talking about, but when you stick a different sized puck in it (like i just did with my Benton Clay Lime), you have to sort of force it in, as it's not a perfect fit. but it did go in with no gratting or shaving off or microwaving it, like others do.

put it in as far as it would go, then pressed down on the puck, sides of puck came up and i just molded them in.

proxy.php

Most true shaving mugs do have "fins". One trick I use sometime is to melt the soap puck in the microwave and then pour the melted soap into your shaving mug/bowl. That form fits it to the shape of your mug/bowl and seems to keep it from moving around.

Most true shaving mugs do have "fins". One trick I use sometime is to melt the soap puck in the microwave and then pour the melted soap into your shaving mug/bowl. That form fits it to the shape of your mug/bowl and seems to keep it from moving around.

I like the microwave also. I works great

Don't do this with tallow soaps, as well as some milled veggie soaps.

Top Bottom