What's new

VDH customer service

Soon after I found this forum I was online ordering my razor, brush, etc and got my razor well before my Semogue since it was traveling across the pond. In the meantime I ran down to Walgreens and picked up a cheapo VDH Boar. It's not horrendous but I knew it was a temp for sure. Once my Semogue 1305 came in the VDH went back into the box. I went to get it out the other day and just kind of wiped it across my hand and quite a few bristles popped out. I gave the center just a slight tug and a pencil width tuft came right out! Even though it's inexpensive I thought it not right. I emailed VDH and they were more than happy to send me out a Badger brush. Got it in 2 days! Mind you it's no Shavemac or Saville, but the gesture is great and I can find something to do with it. Badger is too floppy for me and I'm spoiled by the Semogue. Just thought I'd say a kind word about VDH customer care. :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

I had the knot fall out. I just emailed them to ask what I should use to glue it back on. They offered to sent me the same badger brush. They are a great company. I love their soap.

N

NoelyDeezNutz

I got 3 of the premium kits and 2 brushes, all 5 knots either fell out or lost most of their hair. I really liked them though, so I emailed the company and asked if it was a known issue or if I was just REALLY unlucky.

I get an email back with "you were just really unlucky, but send me your address and I'll send out 5 of our premium badger hair brushes, if those don't perform, let me know how much you spent on the brushes and I will reimburse you the cost"

Now, I won't ever ask them to replace a brush that was cheaper than a cup of coffee. 2-3 days later, a box is on my doorstep with 5 badger brushes (floppy, but hey, i'll use it!) I gave the 3 out to the people who I bought the gift sets for, 1 for my 5 year old nephew to "shave" with and I use the last one.

I HATE the smell of the soap, but will continue to use it just because of their customer service. I also went out and bought 2 more boar brushes because I liked them.

How refreshing to here about a company that stands by it's products and it's customers. Although I use my VDH boar to clean my sink after shaving. I'm a big fan of their Deluxe soap. It makes rich, slick lather under all conditions.

I got into wet shaving to save money and found the bonus of much better shaves. Although I feed a moderate wet shaving AD, I still honor the simple, frugal nature of good basic products such as VDH offers. I look forward to their new line of products and because I now know they practice exceptional customer service, I'm more inclined to give their stuff a whirl.

Hm, I wonder if that is the same knot as the brush in their new Luxury kit coming out soon?

http://www.amazon.com/Van-Hagen-Luxury-Badger-3-Ounce/dp/B004L4AMIQ/ref=pd_sbs_bt_3

I severely doubt it. VDH at one point had a customer whom they were making the Badger Brush for. That deal feel through, and they ended up with a large inventory of the wood handled badger brush with no immediate plans to market them.

In the past, you could call them on the phone, requesting one (the price was something like $20 shipped), and they would send it to you on your word that you would send a followup check. :blink::blink:

I had the same experience happen to me. I used the VDH boar brush for about 2 months (was pleasently surprised by the feel for such a low cost). Then the center of the knot popped right out in the middle of a shave. I sent then an e-mail and told them I had already purchased an Omega brush as a replacement. Without any hesitation, they offered to send out the badger brush.

It is indeed floppy, there are no markings on it as far as brand, and it was shipped loose in a relatively large box (absolutely no packaging material or even paper work), but the price was right. I use it occasionally for creams, but eventually plan on re-knotting the VDH handle with a TGN Finest knot. Then I will really have a nice badger and the VDH badger may indeed be relegated to my 3 year old daughter (she already likes to steal it and play with it :lol:).

Regardless of the quality of the brush, the customer service response is excellent and I will continue to use their soaps. Also, I am more likely to buy the new set coming out this month just because of this level of customer service.

Thanks,
CZ

ya know i bet with that hole in the brush it prb makes some darn good lather. the hole prb acts like an aerator.

ya know i bet with that hole in the brush it prb makes some darn good lather. the hole prb acts like an aerator.

I can tell you from personal experience that it doesn't. :lol: Even though I ordered my replacement from WCS, I still had to do about 2 (or maybe 3) shaves with the VDH before my new Omega arrived. I had to be delicate in order to limit more fallout and it really wouldn't hold any lather what-so-ever.

Could barely get 1 1/2 passes before I had to call it quits. I think I used canned goop (all I had was shave soap or canned goop...no shave cream) for the next shaves. :mad3:

Thanks,
CZ

Top Bottom