What's new

Valobra!

My favorite soap. In the brick. Menthol. The best! :thumbup:

proxy.php

Valobra, Crema di Sapone Purissima Menthol and Almond are two excellent non tallow soaps. Of the two, I do favour the Menthol variety also. Having said that, given the choice between these and the tallow Sapone per barba stick, there is no comparison.:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Valobra, Crema di Sapone Purissima Menthol and Almond are two excellent non tallow soaps. Of the two, I do favour the Menthol variety also. Having said that, given the choice between these and the tallow Sapone per barba stick, there is no comparison.:thumbup1:

David, you are a true expert regarding Italian shaving soaps! :thumbup1: And I agree 100% on what you wrote! :wink2:

I love my Valobra. Lately the love here gets hogged by Cella.
Nothing against Cella, I love it as well, but it's nice to see some Valobra appreciation.:tongue_sm

+1 on the Almond. Great stuff.

I just purchased some Valobra bath soap...looking forward to trying that.

Code

I am going to be the party pooper and say that this soap just does not work for me (the almond one). I will agree that the first pass is awesome but on subsequent passes it seems to leach so much moisture out of my face that it feels like a tin can when I am done. Perhaps it is because of my dry skin but this soap is seriously lacking in the cushion area.

I am going to be the party pooper and say that this soap just does not work for me (the almond one). I will agree that the first pass is awesome but on subsequent passes it seems to leach so much moisture out of my face that it feels like a tin can when I am done. Perhaps it is because of my dry skin but this soap is seriously lacking in the cushion area.
+1, bit disappointed by this one. It doesn't as you say, seem 'cushioning' enough, and the post lather 'slip' isn't there either. Not bad, but not something I'll re-order:closedeye

Have you tried Valobra, Sapone per barba stick, Erik? I believe you would have no complaints with the performance of that. It's simply outstanding, and on these cold mornings, a wonderful moisturiser also.

I love my Valobra. Lately the love here gets hogged by Cella.
Nothing against Cella, I love it as well, but it's nice to see some Valobra appreciation.:tongue_sm

I ordered some Cella, Valobra Almond and P.160 at the same time. For me, Valobra works SLIGHTLY better than the other two. If I had to choose between the 3, it'd be Valobra. I'm waiting to work through some of the rest of my den, before I try the menthol and stick varieties. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the heck out of the almond.

Beerman

I ordered some Cella, Valobra Almond and P.160 at the same time. For me, Valobra works SLIGHTLY better than the other two. If I had to choose between the 3, it'd be Valobra. I'm waiting to work through some of the rest of my den, before I try the menthol and stick varieties. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the heck out of the almond.

Beerman

Don't wait any longer for the stick. It's fantastic!:thumbup1:

I have tried Valobra Almond, and I was extremely impressed at how similar it was to P.160. I expected it to perform much worse considering it does not contain tallow and P.160 does. However I could barely tell a difference. Good stuff. :thumbup1: Now I need to try the menthol.

Agreed, a good product. From what I understand this is still made by a small time plant, one that is owned and operated by a family over there. According to their master distributor here in the states they had a fire in their plant which caused the shortage of product here for a while.

It's one of my favorites and my go to soap when really pressed for time in the morning. It face lathers for me like a dream in a very short time.

Optometrist: I gather from your post that you like the Sapone per barba stick a lot more?

I haven't tried the brick version of Valobra, but the stick is out of this world in terms of performance. The scent could be a *tad* stronger, but overall, it's first rate.

Top Bottom