What's new

Lookin' for a mug

Been looking all over for a wide mouth, low rim (under 1.5" sides) shaving mug. Anyone steer me towards one? :confused1

Last edited:
Shulton Old Spice. Ebay is full of them for a few bucks a pop. You can also usually find one in a thrift store if you look long enough.

+1 on the Old Spice mugs. You can either scare one up on the bay, or look at your local antique malls. The antique shops around here usually have at least 1 or 2, and you can probably find them for $5-10. Good luck in your search!:001_smile

im on the hunt for an old spice mug but id also love to find somethin different and unique.. i wish my father was still teaching so i could get to a kiln, id fire my own

WOW .. that georgetown one is NICE ... now im thinking about that maybe as my next "splurge" in a few weeks... i really like the lip on the inside to hold the lather

Been looking all over for a wide mouth, low rim (under 1.5" sides) shaving mug. Anyone steer me towards one? :confused1

Go with the old spice mug. They're always on ebay. Expect to pay anywhere from 10 - 15 dollars. It was made for using soaps. If you want to work up a lather with cream, look for a taller mug. The rubber (ugly green color) Marvy is a good choice.

Dirty Bird Pottery Shaving Gear

Shaving Mug

proxy.php

Soap Bowl

proxy.php

Michael,

I don't know if you'll find anything with sides at about 1 1/2", but try the local $1.00 stores, they usually have an entire aisle of dishes, bowls and mugs. Sometimes they have those large soup mugs. that will give you enough room the lather.

Mike

Michael,

I don't know if you'll find anything with sides at about 1 1/2", but try the local $1.00 stores, they usually have an entire aisle of dishes, bowls and mugs. Sometimes they have those large soup mugs. that will give you enough room the lather.

Mike
+1

You can get some awesome mugs and bowls in many places, for next to nothing. I don't see the fascination with fancy bowls, it's only for mixing soap and water together.

Top Bottom