Played two decidedly poor hands in a poker tournament I should have at the very least made the final table in. So I am writing to let out some self directed aggression.
1. Does anyone else find the loose lid on the Tabac soap irritating? Seems like poor design.
EDIT Proraso is it really soap? Appears to be semi-hard cream to me.
2. Can someone point me to the "pay it forward " thread if there is one? I would like to know what the idea is and the procedures to follow and no I didn't see the movie.
3. What would you have bid on this and is there really a fatboy in this lot as a commenter said there was?
4. Who on this board bought this?
5. If I obtain a less aggressive razor than the Merkur 34c will using a Feather blade be a waste or, as I hope, a great blade with a less agressive razor will require more passes but I will get the best of both worlds? The razor is not agressive but the blade is unforgiving. Probably looking at four passes but so what if it gives a nice shave.
6. Do not go to Crabtree & Everlyn in Las Vegas. They have exactly three bowls of soap and three matching aftershave balms.
7. In Vegas for a big event and need a haircut or shave? Staright razor shave I might add. Not far goff the Strip is a little hole in the wall barber shop that will not bust your budget at all. The Huntridge Barber Shop on Maryland Parkway and Charleston is the place to go. Found this place from the Art of Manliness websites Barber shop locator but it is no longer listed. The last time I was there Rob said they were looking to move to a new location ( close to me, yea!) But I don't think that has happened yet.
I much prefer Alma to Rob.
Rob is young and learning the craft. Alma gives an amazing cut that lasts.
Huntridge Barber Shop
I have never seen anyone else at this shop so I cannot speak to their proficiencies.
8. Still pissed about the tourney but my wife and I have three hrs of TV to watch and nothing is better than time spent with her.