What's new

What are you driving?

Not sure if this is the right forum for car talk, but what do y'all drive and why?

I'll start: Nissan Xterra. It's a beast in the snow and one of the very few true 4X4 SUVs left. Did not like the AWD crossovers.

Not sure if this is the right forum for car talk, but what do y'all drive and why?

I'll start: Nissan Xterra. It's a beast in the snow and one of the very few true 4X4 SUVs left. Did not like the AWD crossovers.

Traded my XTerra for a Toyota Highlander (sniff) Hybrid. Miss my XTerra, but like the 25 mpg of the hybrid.

I drive a Ford F150 Platinum and a Cadillac Sedan Deville. Love them both but the caddy is starting to get some mileage on it. Needs to be replaced soon I suppose.

Last fall our last running car died. We were faced with no transporttion. We went visit my wife's son's family in Texas via the bus. When we arrived back our freinds had been loaning us a pick-up. They were picking us up at the bus depot. They surpised us by handing us keys to a "98" Toyota Corrlla. It was given to us as result of trade they made for their older van (they just had purchased a new van) We praise God for meeting our need. The little Toyota has dubbed the "Little Green Angel".

I'm driving a 2009 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Crew Cab. I bought a truck because I was sick of having to bother my friends to borrow theirs. It was also a Grad School present to myself. Higher education rocks :thumbup1:

2007 Nissan Versa *** edition.
(yeah, I just loooove that car :thumbdown)

I miss my Pontiac Grand Prix.
But it sucked up the gas.
At lest the Versa has good gas milage.

A 2006 Toyota Sequoia. I hate it (I'm more of a sports wagon guy) but we have 4 kids. It was either that or be a two minivan family. SWMBO ruled that out. Frankly, I prefer her Honda Odyssey. At least on date night in the summer I get to drive SWMBO's other car--an older BMW 3 series convertible.

2010 Alfa Romeo (best brand of car in the world) Mito 155TB. If you haven't owned an alfa you are not a car person, you Americans get a pass if you were born past 1970 but you have about 5 years to buy one now that they are making a return on that side of the pond.

Driving a Honda Civic now, but when the sun comes out my toy does too. I know alot of people make fun of Mazda Miatas but I really really don't care. IMO if you can't have a TON of fun driving a Miata on a twisty back road then you just plain don't like to drive.
proxy.php

1996 with less than 60k miles on the clock.

I drive a 1999 camry with 210,000 miles on it and only one major repair that cost $900 (some belt snapped and they did alot of maintenance while it was in). Other than that its been change oil and replace batteries/tires.

I freakin love it:thumbup:!

Driving a Honda Civic now, but when the sun comes out my toy does too. I know alot of people make fun of Mazda Miatas but I really really don't care. IMO if you can't have a TON of fun driving a Miata on a twisty back road then you just plain don't like to drive.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/emando/Miata.jpg

1996 with less than 60k miles on the clock.

:thumbup1:

Owned a 1995 Laguna Blue w/ 190k on the clock and still ran like a dream. Some day, I will have another. Alas, no baby seats can fit in them.

Right now, we own two cars:

1) 1998 E320 Wagon - Self-leveling rear hydraulic suspension gives it a 1,000lb payload capacity. Also, seats seven. It's a half-ton pick up truck minivan with leather and 30mpg on the highway. Damn Germans are geniuses. Here is it before pulling my Shasta Starflyte 15-footer 2,500 miles round trip in eight days from Alabama to Canada and back.

proxy.php

2) 2007 Honda Odyssey - Sold off the wife's Acura and bought this thing. It is seriously swank. Best of all worlds - comfy, fast, sure-handling, seriously practical.

proxy.php

3) 1982 Honda Nighthawk 450 - $400 motorcycle project from hell. Fun to ride (when it runs) and great on gas (when I can ride it). I got all $400 out of this purchase, that is for sure. :001_rolle

proxy.php

A stonking great beast of an '85 Chevy Suburban diesel - so slow it has trouble getting out of its own way...but when she is rolling, it's great!

Last fall our last running car died. We were faced with no transporttion. We went visit my wife's son's family in Texas via the bus. When we arrived back our freinds had been loaning us a pick-up. They were picking us up at the bus depot. They surpised us by handing us keys to a "98" Toyota Corrlla. It was given to us as result of trade they made for their older van (they just had purchased a new van) We praise God for meeting our need. The little Toyota has dubbed the "Little Green Angel".

very nice :thumbup1:

Top Bottom