What's new

Conversion Kit

A buddy of mine and I have gotten pretty seriously into DE shaving recently and we have decided to try to convert some of our friends. Our thought was to put together a "Conversion Kit" to loan out to our friends in hopes of them falling in love with wetshaving like everyone else here has. Im looking for thoughts on what we are thinking of putting into the kit as well as ideas for what to put the kit into (box, bag, etc)

Contents:

1 Tech razor
1 entry level badger brush
5pk or Red Personna blades
5pk of Astra SP blades
1 tube of C.O. Bigelow cream
1 random soap
1 lather bowl
1 random ASB

What do you guys think of this idea? Are we putting way too much time into something that might not be that good of an idea? Any changes you would make?

What do we put this whole "kit" into?

Great idea - but how are they going to learn the correct way to make lather, shave, etc.?
Agreed...without instructions (preferably personalized one-on-one, although mantic59 videos are great), it's just a box of tools and supplies. I'd hate for someone to try this out and end up destroying their face by trying to use a DE like a cart!

A buddy of mine and I have gotten pretty seriously into DE shaving recently and we have decided to try to convert some of our friends. Our thought was to put together a "Conversion Kit" to loan out to our friends in hopes of them falling in love with wetshaving like everyone else here has. Im looking for thoughts on what we are thinking of putting into the kit as well as ideas for what to put the kit into (box, bag, etc)

Contents:

1 Tech razor
5pk of Astra SP blades
1 random soap
1 lather bowl
1 random ASB

What do you guys think of this idea? Are we putting way too much time into something that might not be that good of an idea? Any changes you would make?

mine was way more basic... I made 8 of them and was trying to keep it all @$100

1 Shea Moisture Badger Brush
1 1.7oz CO Bigelow
1 1/3 sliver of VDH soap

all wrapped in brown lunch bag

if they liked the brush and lather perhaps i'll help them acquire a cheap DE or straight.

some handwritten instructions on an index cards.

Everything looks good. Since this is a loaner keep the quality and ease of use high. Basically look for middle of the road stuff.

I might switch the Bigelo cream for something easier to lather like Arko cream. I'd also include a basic after shave like Old spice or aqua velva. VDH is a good soap to put in there. Also get a travel bottle and fill it with Witch Hazel and include a styptic pencil. I'd put everything in a leather Dopp kit. You can find them easy at walmart for $5-$10.

Aftershave and scents are so personal, when i asked about colognes to my friends ( what they wear) i decided to go neutral-ish and not by accident turn someone off with a stinky WH or scent they don't appreciate. I was looking for easy acceptance.

Contents:

1 Tech razor
5pk of Astra SP blades
1 random soap
1 lather bowl
1 random ASB

That's really a good kit..:thumbup:

Aftershave and scents are so personal, when i asked about colognes to my friends ( what they wear) i decided to go neutral-ish and not by accident turn someone off with a stinky WH or scent they don't appreciate. I was looking for easy acceptance.

I agree with that. What I did when I created a kit for a friend was to get some 1oz sample size bottles and I gave him 3 or 4 after shaves so he could try them to see what type he liked.

I loaned/gave a kit to my 16 year old brother (details in this thread) but he has yet to show any interest. :glare: He keeps saying he's interested when I mention it but he has yet to "have time" to give it a try. A couple factors in this I believe are:

1. He doesn't have to shave that often due to his age.

2. He might be a tad bit afraid of cutting himself (a worry I'm sure my mom has reiterated to him)

3. He spends every free moment with his girlfriend!

At first I was disappointed, but I figure it's no big deal. He just may not be at a time in his life where he can really appreciate these sorts of things.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Contents:

1 Tech razor
5pk of Astra SP blades
1 random soap
1 lather bowl
1 random ASB

Give them a VDH brush and soap- that was my "gateway drug". Easy to lather, very luxurious (compared to the canned stuff). It blew away the canned goo, and from there I started looking at hardware. Then I started looking at soap- and SAD is relatively cheap, considering :001_smile

Top Bottom