What's new

Other things that smell good--car EO heater

Exploring the tag line theme for this forum of "other things that smell great," on a whim, at the local food coop, I both a device that goes into a car's electical outlet (what used to be called a cigarette lighter) that heats a small felt pad onto which essential oils can be put. I also bought a little bottle of vetiver eo, or what was labeled that way, for pretty cheap. Around $11, I think.

I am amazed at how good this smells and how unobstrusive it is. Not a bad vetiver at all. What gets on my fingers smells good, too.

My car was really starting to reek of cigars. I really light the idea of something that makes my care smell nice that does not smell artifical and is not applied to heavily as to drive me out of the car at first!

Great idea, Robbie. I've used the little scent things that hang on your rearview mirror, and those that you stick in the air conditioning vents, but would like to find something that works really well and has a good quality scent. Vetiver sounds great. A sandalwood wood be nice, too.

That sounds interesting. I've also used the standard Glade ones that snap in front of your vent, but I've replaced the store-bought juice with different things from my vault. So far, so good.

Plain old Yankee Candles and/or incense sticks work nice around the house. I wonder how many companies make "room scents" like Creed does?

I have a citrus gel air freshener that sits in one of my cup holders. You can turn the top to adjust the size of vent. It was probably a Wallymart or $1 store purchase. It does it's job. Similar to the pice below.

proxy.php

on a whim, at the local food coop, I both a device that goes into a car's electical outlet (what used to be called a cigarette lighter) that heats a small felt pad onto which essential oils can be put. I also bought a little bottle of vetiver eo, or what was labeled that way, for pretty cheap. Around $11, I think.
Please let us know what the manufacturer is.

Please let us know what the manufacturer is.

I think the brand I have is "Aura Cacia." They call theirs an "Aromatherapy Car Diffuser." But if you Google around looking for these things there seem to be many brands out there that all look quite similar. Some seem to be called "CarScenter" Electric Diffusers. I have not checked the Bay.

The interior of my departed 1987 Jaguar Vanden Plas.......a lady friend once told me she loved because it smelled like money.

A warning!!!!:

I guess I did not mention that I had picked up some Nancy Boy scented oil which is made to be heated for room "odorizing," for want of a better word. Smelled great!

But the bottle came with a very handy rubber bulbed glass eye dropper in the cap. I had the bottle lying on its side, so as to be handy. But the contents ate right throught the rubber on the eye dropper and emptied the whole bottle. Now my car really smells like NB, but it made a real mess. I am not sure it would not eat through upholstery, too.

I guess this illustrates why EOs can cause big allergic reactions.

A built in eye dropper sure was handy.

Top Bottom