What's new

Simpson's Duke 2 (Best) vs Rooney's Style 1 Size 1 (Super)

Face lathering + Soaps

• Simpson's Duke 2 (Best)

• Rooney Style 1 Size 1 (Super Silvertip)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for the Duke as mine (a Duke 3 if it matters) had more backbone than any of the Rooney Super's I'v tried.

Hey folks- does it matter that I will only be able to get a post-Vulfix merger Simpsons Duke?

I've read a number of accounts of the loft having been raised post merger (and possibly lowered again). Is there a specific vendor that you guys would suggest purchasing from?

I would check out thesuperiorshave. You can pick out your specific brush you want. Granted, they don't offer discounts like some vendors do on Simpsons brushes but it's the only way to know exactly what you're getting.

Is there a specific vendor that you guys would suggest purchasing from?

You could check out thesuperiorshave.com. Jarrod posts all the pictures and loft sizes of the brushes he has in stock. You can take a look and pick the one you fancy. John from WCS and Phil from Bullgoose are also top notch!

I voted for the D2, mainly because I prefer Simpson brushes over Rooney, but they will both do the job just fine.

I vote Duke 2, I absolutely love mine and it has completely changed my soaps, I actually rarely use creams now. I don't have a Rooney super silvertip but it seems like it would be too soft for soaps IMO.

I voted for the Rooney.

I know, I know the Duke is the sweetheart brush of the moment. They are just too bulbous for face lathering. If you can score a fanish shape Duke, more power to you. Not too long ago everyone was singing the praises of the 1/1 as the ideal face lathering brush, which IMO, it still is.

I love my 3/1 Super for face lathering. It is definitely not too soft for soaps - I've used it on MWF and PdP, always get a superb lather.

I don't think you can go wring with either one. My Duke 2 works really well for soaps, and I've got a Rooney 1/2 that I use as well which is fantastic.

I voted Duke 2. I've had both and sold the Rooney. I've also yet to find a brush that I like as much as the Duke for the money.

good luck with your choice!

I'm going to be the lone man out, but I say Rooney. For me, the Simpson Best is too prickly. I have no doubt that the D3 would have more backbone, but having used the 1/2, I think the Rooney will have enough.

Top Bottom