What's new

Acquisitions for March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a good start of the month, and with the help of a Spanish friend (MUCHAS GRACIAS JDIAZ!), here it goes:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Two La Toja bowls, one for me and another one for the fellow Islander!
And two La Toja sticks and two samples from Trumpers as a personal gift from him!

JDIAZ, YOU ARE A TRUE GENTLEMAN! MUCHAS GRACIAS! :thumbup:

I just got this razor in, it.s a 300 Winchester Magnum Bullet with a DE razor head attached. I got it from Rick and Karan over at www.bulletdesigns.com . It makes a nice addition to my own gun related shaving gear.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Just picked up this monster the other day. I think its gonna be a nice one when its done.

Attachments

• $IMG_0056.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,054
This is my first attempt at a restore. I stacked the washers to try and get that bullseye look but now I regret it, didn't work out exactly as I thought. Overall though I like it and it is my favorite shaver.

First acquisition for March are these Vie-Long brushes (arrived yesterday and no time to try) ordered 2 weeks ago from giftsandcare.com. Silvertip and 2 band in Olive wood.

Looks like the razors are starting to appear out of the wood work down here again.

Haven't been to this shop since 9/6/2009....... ( Don't ask how I know that exactly ).

Found this :thumbup1:

British Red Tip Rocket............

Meets two of my criteria, Brit and TTO ( no case ) :001_smile

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Looks like it should clean up really well.

Walked past (that was what I intended) AVEDA store today and by accident came out with their "new" AVEDA men Pure Performance Shave cream...

No idea if its any good though - seems to be able to biuld a lather..

Last edited:
Hooray, the mail man stopped by. What a way to start the month with my second acquisition already. Just glad SWMBO wasn't home or she'd be hitting me up for a new handbag!!!

Feather AS-D1
Feather Artist Cub DX

Nice!, I didnt know that version of Red tip existed. I want one now to sit next to my U.S. Red tip.

There's the red tip rocket and a British red tip superspeed. (Non retracting TTO) so there's actually two more for you to look out for. :lol:

Last edited:
P

Pjotr

Looks like the razors are starting to appear out of the wood work down here again.

Haven't been to this shop since 9/6/2009.......

What? You got shops that have got vintage razors appearing out of the woodwork. In Tassie? WA really is a backwater. I'm sulking again.

What? You got shops that have got vintage razors appearing out of the woodwork. In Tassie? WA really is a backwater. I'm sulking again.

Been a bit of a drought down here at the moment though I must admit my searches haven't been as extensive since my RAD has subsided substantially ( rather than once a week, my revisits have gone to once a month or in this case once every 9 months )

But found this and a #21 in the last couple of weeks. :blushing:

Just picked up this monster the other day. I think its gonna be a nice one when its done.

Nice! I was going to bid on that one (I'm pretty sure I saw it on eBay), but that rust over the tang stamp worried me that you would lose a bit of the makers mark.

I see I was wrong. Nice Score!

proxy.php

I guess the best way to learn to restore brushes is to just jump right in...

I'm guessing tgn and larry are gonna love me when I start ordering knots....

Haven't been to this shop since 9/6/2009....... ( Don't ask how I know that exactly ).

Found this :thumbup1:

British Red Tip Rocket............

Meets two of my criteria, Brit and TTO ( no case ) :001_smile

Looks like it should clean up really well.

That is the one razor that I just cannot find. I am so jealous :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom