What's new

Acquisitions for March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guesses on what this is? I'm hoping it's a new Deluxe Bostonian/whatever you want to call it, but I can't say for sure.

I'm still waiting for this thing to show up...it's been 9 days which seems like an eternity, but the sellers shipping says it could take up to 22 days! I sure hope it's not that long! :ohmy::confused1:ohmy:

Any guesses on what this is? I'm hoping it's a new Deluxe Bostonian/whatever you want to call it, but I can't say for sure.

I'm still waiting for this thing to show up...it's been 9 days which seems like an eternity, but the sellers shipping says it could take up to 22 days! I sure hope it's not that long! :ohmy::confused1:ohmy:

Belmont or Criterion?
Whatever it is, it sure looks like a New Deluxe. Nice!

Arrived back from London this morning after an overnight visit. I had enough time between appointments to visit the Penhaligon's store at the Royal Exchange....... came home with some Lavandula Soap as well as Hand & Body Cream for SWMBO as well as some English Fern bath soaps for myself.
It was pretty devastating to read "Tallow" first on the list of ingredients for my bath soaps

proxy.php

Can't wait to splash it on tomorrow. It smells GOOD!

I came home after yet another bad day at work to find a nice package from Bullgoose on the porch. I ordered it Tuesday afternoon and got it today!
At least the ladies at work will enjoy the fact that I restocked on Ogallala Bay Rum.
I've been curious about the Portman Square cream/soaps, so it was nice to get the sample. I haven't used it yet, but it has a very crisp, citrusy smell.

proxy.php

Scored a 1940's Gillette Super Speed from HDStreetGlide today. He even tossed in a tin of SCS Dagger soap. Here they are in a photo I took for another forum (to explain my obsession I mean, hobby. :lol:

There is La Toja shaving soap in the container with the large cork. There is some debate, I think, as to how it compares to the regular La Toja. It is the Manantiales soap.

Two deliveries in one day! Now this is a score - a Plisson 200 Years Special Edition (no.18)! I spotted it at 1barber.be about a month ago and decided life wouldn't be complete without it (and with a birthday on the horizon I was able to justify the outrageous cost!)

Awesome. Are you going to actually use it or is it a "too nice to use" brush?

Buying pre-owned brushes prevents me from having to make such decisions.:wink2:

full

full

Man O Man do I have the fever... Obtained in the last 3 days-

100 Super Blues
Lebanese Gillette Menthol tube and Lime tube
GEM Micromatic closed comb-nos
Ever-Ready arch top in chrome case
Ever-Ready arch top travel in celluloid case
Minty Slim Adjustable
Cased Fat Handle Gold Tech
Schick Injector Adjustable in case
Super Adjustable, O4 (69')
Two Old Spice mugs, both with crappy VDH brushes.
Corn Huskers- Glass Bottle!
Fuller Butterscotch Art Deco shave brush and stand

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Are you going to actually use it or is it a "too nice to use" brush?

Buying pre-owned brushes prevents me from having to make such decisions.:wink2:

Purchasing pre-owned probably would have saved me some $ too!!! I'll definitely use it, no point just looking at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom