What's new

Acquisitions for March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just won this off eBay!

Think it's a 1958 Super Speed TV edition...as long as it's in decent shape I think I got a good deal.

$16 + $5 shipping.

With Case Too

I saw this at the last moment and nearly took it from you (not knowing you of course), then I remembered I have a D1,D2 and D3 and just because I see one going for less then market, I don't have to bid on it. I get twitchy sometimes like that.

Glad you got it and glad I didn't. Looks like a beauty, especially the case. :thumbup:

-jim

I saw this at the last moment and nearly took it from you (not knowing you of course), then I remembered I have a D1,D2 and D3 and just because I see one going for less then market, I don't have to bid on it. I get twitchy sometimes like that.

Glad you got it and glad I didn't. Looks like a beauty, especially the case. :thumbup:

-jim

If it was a British TV, would you act like this, Jim?:001_smile

-jim

Much appreciated. Gotta love sellers who spell Gillette wrong and give a poor description. Really keeps views down.

Are the D1 and such just date codes? Or are they actually designed differently?

I would like to think so. I have an ... excess ... of razors. And yet, not enough NOS sets. :sad: First to admit, most of my collection is pedestrian.

-jim

Well, I am in the same condition but I am lucky somehow. I found my British TV for $28 which was sold as Valet.:001_smile

proxy.php

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's April 1st, but I won it in March,just got it today.

Sweet!

Ever since I saw that Craftsman actually made straights I wanted one. Something about a tool company making a razor is just cool. And the whole lifetime guarantee thing;I wounder what a manager in Sears would say if you brought one in nowadays with a broken scale for an exchange?:lol:

Sweet!

Ever since I saw that Craftsman actually made straights I wanted one. Something about a tool company making a razor is just cool. And the whole lifetime guarantee thing;I wounder what a manager in Sears would say if you brought one in nowadays with a broken scale for an exchange?:lol:

I actually brought it in to a Sears today, asked them if they couoldstill get parts for an old Craftsman tool, the answer was "it depends." when i should him the razor, a big smile came on his face"That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time!". He did say that he couldn't get parts for it, but if I wanted to trade for a new razor, he was up for it.

Now the search goes on for a Binford straight razor.

I actually brought it in to a Sears today, asked them if they couoldstill get parts for an old Craftsman tool, the answer was "it depends." when i should him the razor, a big smile came on his face"That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time!". He did say that he couldn't get parts for it, but if I wanted to trade for a new razor, he was up for it.

Now the search goes on for a Binford straight razor.

Ha, I guess kudos to Sears for actually honoring an ancient warranty. But I would bet he was thinking a fair trade price-wise would be a Fusion and he would have payed for the razor and kept it for himself. He might have changed his tune if you insisted it was worth as much as a high-end electric shaver.

My new Simpson Duke 3 and my "new to me" 1957 Flare Tip came today. I've been lathering MWF with a floppy Vulfix brush, so very much looking forward to letting the Duke have at my MWF puck--I can tell just from touching it that it has lots more backbone than my Vulfix. I've been wanting to check out a vintage Gillette for a while, so when a nice Flare Tip came up on eBay I grabbed it. Will be interesting to see how it shaves in comparison to my EJ DE89 and my Muehle R41.

Speaking of MWF, I bought my puck without the ceramic bowl, so now that I never want to be without MWF I have the bowl on the way. :)

The postman came by again :001_tongu

Ogallalla Bay Rum After Shave
Ogallalla Bay Rum, Lime & Peppercorn shaving soap
Ogallalla Bay Rum & Sweet Orange shaving soap

Revisor 7/8"
New York-Paris Käpitan 5/8"
2 Es-eX The Celebrated 13/16"

proxy.php

The postman came by again :001_tongu

Ogallalla Bay Rum After Shave
Ogallalla Bay Rum, Lime & Peppercorn shaving soap
Ogallalla Bay Rum & Sweet Orange shaving soap

Revisor 7/8"
New York-Paris Käpitan 5/8"
2 Es-eX The Celebrated 13/16"

proxy.php

Nice razors and scales, my friend.:thumbup:

Very nice!

I thought I did well with a '67 Slim in an old Fatboy case and 15 NOS Spoilers for $2.00, but you have bested me, Sir!:thumbup:

That's a great score! $1.95 when it was new in the early 1960s (or late 1950s), so you found a recession piece while the rest of us experience inflation. Well, mostly... Congratulations on picking up a great razor at a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom