What's new

Acquisitions for March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this single ring Gillette.
proxy.php

Think I'll shave with it.

I should know better than "just taking a look", I almost always end up buying something, once I came home with a new car :a52: :blushing:

Well, it wasn't that bad for the credit card this time. Maybe not directly related to shaving, and then again, a smooth shave calls for some smooth music, so;

Ella Fitzgerald - Songbooks
Ella Fitzgerald - Sweet and Hot
Diana Krall - The Very Best Of
Diana Krall - The Lok Of Love

:biggrin1: :thumbup:

proxy.php

My wife and I hit a few estate sales and goodwill stores today, and this is all I brought home.:001_rolle I'll be using the crystal bowl to soak my brush. It will replace the small pyrex bowl that's lived in the bathroom for almost a year now. The jar will house my alcohol for dipping my razor and blade after I finish shaving. The Fatboy is just a stand-in for scale. He's been around in the den for about a year now.:biggrin1:Total outlay of cash today: $3.:w00t:

I prefer creams but I couldn't pass on these soaps.

Got this conditioner at a fantastic price from my barber.
Use it for my hair, hands and shave with it.
Talk about a multi-use product.

Finally found some Lincoln shoe polish.

Good day today. :thumbup1:

Congratulations to everyone on the very nice swag! Lots of great looking stuff (and some new stuff to add to the list :thumbup: ). Here's my haul for March:

First, two 1925 Gems - the Conqueror in the gumwood box and the Peerless in the nickel case (hard to see but the monogram in the top left corner is GEM):

proxy.php

Next, a 1927 silver Tuckaway with its original shipper and cloth bag (no instructions, though):

proxy.php

Finally, two Wardonia razors - the 1931 Rutland on the left (incomplete box) and a complete cream 1935 Traveller's Set (including brush). I haven't seen Wardonia razors before, but there is something about them that I really like. Just one of those oddball things like my inexplicable ( :crazy: ) enjoyment of Gem and Ever-Ready razor boxes.

proxy.php

I should know better than "just taking a look", I almost always end up buying something, once I came home with a new car :a52: :blushing:

Well, it wasn't that bad for the credit card this time. Maybe not directly related to shaving, and then again, a smooth shave calls for some smooth music, so;

Ella Fitzgerald - Songbooks
Ella Fitzgerald - Sweet and Hot
Diana Krall - The Very Best Of
Diana Krall - The Lok Of Love

:biggrin1: :thumbup:

proxy.php

Niiiiiiiiiiice! :thumbup1:

It's been so slow around here...4 hours of wandering through St. Louis' antique district came up with nothing. On a whim, I pulled into one my favorite shops closer to home, and COULD have walked out with somewhere around 30 safety razors and 10 straights, as well as numerous vintage brushes...I settled on these three safety razors.

full

The Ever-ready was in a case that read "Auto-strop razor Type 'C'" in the lid, and there was a still wrapped vintage "PAL" SE blade with it. The ball-end will probably go to a buddy of mine who is interested in starting wet-shaving. The Travel Tech is date-code L1. Next weekend, I think I'll return and pick up a brush, and maybe another razor or two! :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom