What's new

Cremo Cream Shaving Cream-Opinions?

hey guys, just wondering what the board's collective opinion of Cremo Cream Shaving Cream was? I ask because I noticed that my local Bed, Bath & Beyond carries it. Is it a quality shaving cream with a solid reputation for lubricating and/or protecting the skin while giving a quality shave, or do most of ya'll consider it to be a below average cream? How does it compare to Proraso/C.O. Bigelow's shaving cream? Is Cremo as respected as Proraso is, or is Proraso considered to be clearly superior? Any advice or info. would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
This is a solid, non-lathering performer. It is super-slick and offers good protection. I find it a useful product on days where I am particularly rushed and don't have time for a normal prep.

Hard to compare it to Proraso, they have different areas of use. On days where you have normal amount of time I'd prefer reaching for something like Proraso. On very rushed days, or while traveling with limited space this is a an excellent item to have around.

One thing to be aware of when using Cremo is that you will need to to re-wet your face throughout the shave, I find the product can get tacky quickly - but touch of water brings back that magic slip.

hey guys, just wondering what the board's collective opinion of Cremo Cream Shaving Cream was?.

I've used a tube of it and it's pretty darn good. There is one rule (as stated above) when using Cremo and that is it loves water. Just use a little bit of cream to start with and make sure your face is damp when you rub it in. Dont even bother with a brush. :thumbup1:

THanks, guys. I have been reading some reviews on Amazon.com and most folks seem to say that it isn't a "tradition cream" (ie it doesn't "lather."). Apparently you just wet your face, and then apply the cream directly to your face, and start to shave? There is no need to create a lather (be it in a bowl, in your hands, or on your face)? Is this correct? And I assume that once have applied the Cremo Cream directly to your face, you commence shaving, re-wetting the cream by simply splashing some water on your face, once the cream starts to get dry or tacky? Is that correct? Or did I misinterpret your posts? Thanks.

I used it from a sample, just a few days ago, and I wasn't too impressed. It did the job, but I went to it because I was in a hurry, and all the extra face-wetting kept slowing me down. I might try it in a superlather.

Look carefully at the package for a coupon...mine had a full rebate so I basically got a tube free. I use it in making superlather or as a base for other lathers. Very slick stuff!

Free is about the right price!

I didn't care for it at all. I guess if I can't use a brush I'm not interested.

I used it from a sample, just a few days ago, and I wasn't too impressed. It did the job, but I went to it because I was in a hurry, and all the extra face-wetting kept slowing me down. I might try it in a superlather.

It won't really be a superlather, because Cremo Cream does not lather.

It won't really be a superlather, because Cremo Cream does not lather.

It's true that Cremo won't lather, but mixing it with a favorite soap or other cream will add a great deal of slickness to the mixture. Only drawback for me is the scent of Cremo...not a big fan of citrus. But boy do I love the slickness it brings to the table! :thumbup1:

Only use it when on fly on business and then only because it is better than trying to get a shave with hotel bathroom soap.

It's true that Cremo won't lather, but mixing it with a favorite soap or other cream will add a great deal of slickness to the mixture. Only drawback for me is the scent of Cremo...not a big fan of citrus. But boy do I love the slickness it brings to the table! :thumbup1:

+1. I've used a very small amount of it in a "superlather" and it worked great. Especially good if you have a soap that is protective but not too slick. A tiny dab of Cremo fixes the problem.:thumbup1:

I use Cremo. Although it is designed to be "latherless", it will make a sort of lather if you work it really hard. Because it is very slick and more protective than most creams, I generally use it when I'm trying out a new razor with a aggressive reputation.

I also got my first tube for free using the rebate coupon. After the first few uses I e-mailed the President of the company, suggesting that they should consider a version made for lathering and use with a brush. He replied saying they were considering it but product development was a slow process for them.

DD

I really like it for mornings when I'm a little rushed. I just follow the instructions on the package. I don't see much point in mixing it with other products. I find it effective as it is. I prefer a nice, cushiony lather from a traditional soap or cream, but Cremo gives me a great shave.

A very acceptable cream, I found. Not in the top five, but it does the job efficiently and pleasantly. I kind of like the scent--reminds me of orange creamsicle.

It is the only brushless I like. It is very slick when mixed with a drop of water. Applying a dab to your face will improve your regular soaps lather. I personally use it for my across the grain pass on my neck and jawline by rubbing it in as a pre-shave, then lather over with the soap I am using that day. If any T & C is needed, then it works great for that as well.

So in short...Cremo is ALL it has been hyped up to be. Just be sure to add the water or it will be very sludgy.

This is a solid, non-lathering performer. It is super-slick and offers good protection. I find it a useful product on days where I am particularly rushed and don't have time for a normal prep.

Hard to compare it to Proraso, they have different areas of use. On days where you have normal amount of time I'd prefer reaching for something like Proraso. On very rushed days, or while traveling with limited space this is a an excellent item to have around.

One thing to be aware of when using Cremo is that you will need to to re-wet your face throughout the shave, I find the product can get tacky quickly - but touch of water brings back that magic slip.

It's a fine stand alone, non lathering cream for those "Hurry up" days.
I like it in conjunction with other soaps/ creams for EXTRA SLICKNESS and IMO works better than liquid glycerin, which I keep on hand for my As and Homemade Pre- shave oil.

Top Bottom