What's new

*Sniff Sniff** Oh?! What Reeks?

I took an extended break from shaving this past week, and had quite a bit of growth to clear this morning. As I prepped, I caught a whff of something "Rancid"... I NEED to figure out what it is. Immediately. Help, please

Things that have NOT changed:
Brush: VDH Boar (I have had and usedit for about a month, with no scent issues)
Soap: VDH 'Deluxe' (also had and used for about a month, no issues)

Things that HAVE changed:
The last Soap that I used: Tabac (I used it 5 days ago, with the same brush, and I liked the smell)
Added COBigelow Cream to the breach of my brush (tried a superlather due to the added growth).

Any Ideas? Did the Tabac+VDH+Bigelow=Rotten Boar? anyone else experience Delayed Brush Stink?

Could be a musty brush. Try washing its hair with some shampoo and soak for an hour. Rinse and dry. I have two boars ( one is VDH ) and a badger. The boar ones get musty sometimes.

I bought a vintage Old Spice puck. The first lather smelled like pork rinds.

Was nice after that.

You may need a brush cleaning.

Sometimes the funk is more than the sum of its parts. Could be a combination of good stuff resulted in a bad smell?

Perhaps a skunk walked by your window?

That happened to me once..

Or did you have Carling Black Label and suffer from some vile noxious after effects? :lol: Sure, blame it on the brush!:lol:

I took an extended break from shaving this past week, and had quite a bit of growth to clear this morning. As I prepped, I caught a whff of something "Rancid"... I NEED to figure out what it is. Immediately. Help, please

Things that have NOT changed:
Brush: VDH Boar (I have had and usedit for about a month, with no scent issues)
Soap: VDH 'Deluxe' (also had and used for about a month, no issues)

Things that HAVE changed:
The last Soap that I used: Tabac (I used it 5 days ago, with the same brush, and I liked the smell)
Added COBigelow Cream to the breach of my brush (tried a superlather due to the added growth).

Any Ideas? Did the Tabac+VDH+Bigelow=Rotten Boar? anyone else experience Delayed Brush Stink?
you didnt try to make uberlather with Williams soap and Proraso did you? Thats what instantly popped in my head...

p.s. I luv WMS...:biggrin1:

I think you have B.O.

Brush Odor. Try the shampoo method recommended by Wetshavemike and call us in the morning.

Are you using the same brush every day? You might have a moisture problem in your bathroom and fungus in your brush.

Was the smell just in the air around you, or in the brush/lather specifically? It might be sewer gas coming up your sink or something along those lines.

Thanks for the suggestions guys-- washed the brush with shampoo, and all is right in the world... no skunk passed my window, no sewer gas escaped my drain, and I don't own any williams, so i guess it must have been a musty brush.

thanks again for the advice

Top Bottom