What's new

Not a Gem but got me a Jewel

P

Pjotr

Did the usual and put a bid on I thought was reasonable and went to bed. That's what usually happens when you're in the timezone I live in. I got it. It's more than I normally would consider laying out for a razor I want to use. Mind you, I've ever bought a razor I don't use and my rotation is now of such a size that I'll only get to use it once a month. So it'll stay pretty new too! It's an investment I tell myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150567039776&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

When I come home with or have won a razor/razors I always tell my sweetie that investment stuff too... I know for myself that... "I wanted it, I got it" besides this is harmless.

P

Pjotr

Considering it's thought of as one of the crown jewels of SE razors and you can pick one up virtually untouched in a stylish case with blade boxes for the same price as an uncased, beaten up Fatboy it sort of makes you wonder about razormania.

P

Pjotr

That's the one. You're right, GEM called it a Jewell and Ever Ready called it the Streamline (Wiki is my friend). I'm hoping it will be one of my best SEs too. At the moment every one I've got is my best SE!

P

Pjotr

There's one going on e-bay from Canada. With stropper (don't know much about the whole stropping thing yet) it's missing the actual strop I believe. It's got half an hour left. Similar price by the looks of it.

Ooohhh...I have four of them (3 cased sets). Maybe they will become the Darwins of SE's. :w00t: Seriously though, I love this razor. I have been experimenting with both this and a mint OCMM I got a few months ago. They both give me great shaves and I can't figure out which one I like better. I believe this one gets the edge. I am sure you will enjoy this razor. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom