What's new

CO Bigelow at Bath and Body Works?

The 2 B&BW in Ft Myers Fl carry the full Bigalow line, they had the 3 for 2 sale last week. No hint they are discontinuing it...

Its probably just a way to save shelf space for products that have a higher turnover rate. It would seem a logical thing to do in stores that have a low volume of sales. I would say to check other stores, or just order it online. I have to place an order for some Proraso sometime.

I have copied the text from the email that Bath and Body Works sent me regarding C.O. Biglow shaving cream. I suggest everyone buy it while they have it. Because when its gone its gone.

Dear Jim,

We are happy to assist you with the availability of the C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream. We regret to inform you that C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream has been discontinued. We understand your disappointment in discovering that your favorite product is not currently a part of our product line.

As an alternate suggestion, we recommend the C.O. Bigelow Eucalyptus Proraso Shave Foam. Made for C.O. Bigelow by one of the shave foam leaders in Florence, Proraso Shave Foam offers the smoothest, most comfortable shave. The classic formulation combines Eucalyptus oil, menthol, and glycerin to create a creamy, rich lather that moisturizes and protects the skin and softens even the thickest beard.

I have copied the text from the email that Bath and Body Works sent me regarding C.O. Biglow shaving cream. I suggest everyone buy it while they have it. Because when its gone its gone.

Dear Jim,

We are happy to assist you with the availability of the C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream. We regret to inform you that C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream has been discontinued. We understand your disappointment in discovering that your favorite product is not currently a part of our product line.

As an alternate suggestion, we recommend the C.O. Bigelow Eucalyptus Proraso Shave Foam. Made for C.O. Bigelow by one of the shave foam leaders in Florence, Proraso Shave Foam offers the smoothest, most comfortable shave. The classic formulation combines Eucalyptus oil, menthol, and glycerin to create a creamy, rich lather that moisturizes and protects the skin and softens even the thickest beard.

WHAT!?!?!?!?
Now the ONLY thing that i can get for shaving at B&M stores is Williams and VDH, Its a good thing i stocked up on 8 tubes when they had "Buy 2 get 2" deal.

I thought something was up when i had to dig in the drawers underneath the display to find the shaving cream.

Wow, this IS a surprise. I thought this was just the quarterly, "B&BW is discontinuing C.O. Bigelow products!" thread that never pans out to be true. This is sad news.

Just purchased the CO Bigelow shave cream today from a Bath and Body Works store here in NJ. They had the full line of CO Bigelow products (colognes, skin lotions, soap, shaving creams, aftershaves, etc.). They were loaded with stuff and the manager told me the shaving cream sells like crazy.

Maybe it is a marketing ploy. If everyone stocks up then they suffer have stock and no buyers until the buyer run out.

I just called 6 Bath and Bodyworks stores in my area (NJ/NY). I spoke with the store manager each time. They all told me that they had not received any kind of notification from corporate that the C. O. Bigelow Shaving Cream (in the green tube) was going to be or already had been "discontinued." All of them received new shipments of it as recently as today. Two of them told me that they had heard that the C. O. Bigelow line of men's products was going to be removed from certain stores (most notably in the midwest and southeast) where it wasn't selling, but that (to the best of their knowledge) the C.O. Bigelow line was still being produced, and would continue to be offered in stores which had proven capable of selling it.

I will try to e-mail corporate to clear up whatever confusion remains. The store managers did admit that they are not ALWAYS informed beforehand when a product line has been discontinued, so they couldn't guarantee that the rumour is false, but they all seemed to feel that the C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream would still be available at some Bath and Body Works stores. I also found the comments RE: the removal of the entire C.O. Bigelow line of Men's products in B&BW stores in the midwest and southeast to be pretty interesting, since the original poster was from Mississippi.

I will keep you guys updated.

okay, just got more info. I spoke with the store manager at a 7th location in NJ. She told me that corporate sends a list of "Discontinued Items" out to all of its stores before the semi-annual Bath and Body Works sales, held each Jaunary and July. The lists include the names of any products which have been, or are being "discontinued" and include detailed instructions to the store managers regarding how to display them, the discounts to be applied to them, etc. This manager told me that the C.O. Bigelow Shaving cream was NOT on the list, which she received for the semi-annual sale back in January. Yet our friend from MS informs us that his store has ALREADY pulled the C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream from its shelves, since it informed him that the line has ALREADY been discontinued at that location. So, that leads me to believe that some high volume locations will continue to carry it, while other locations (predominantly in the southeast and midwest, where "REAL" MEN would never be caught purchasing items in a Bath and Body Works, unless it was for their lil' lady) have already phased it out.

Regardless, she told me to check back in mid to late May. She said that if the C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream isn't on the list of discontinued/"to be discontinued" items which she receives in anticipation of the June "semi-annual" sale, then it definitely isn't going to be discontinued this year. Just some food for thought gents. I will contact corporate with this info. and see how they respond.

Just e-mailed and phone corporate to get to the bottom of this for you guys. My e-mail generated this automatic response:

Thank you for your email. You should receive a response within 24 hours. Inquires pertaining to our retail stores may take up to 72 hours for a response.

I will obviously update ya'll once they get back to me.

I also called their customer service/product information line. The phone rep. assured me that the line has not been discontinued, and that it will continue to be offered on the Bath and Body Works website. She did not know whether or not the Bath and Body Works stores would continue to carry it, however, since she does not work in "Store Customer Relations" dept. She advised me to call back tomorrow, after 9 am, and ask to be connected with a rep in the "Store Customer Relations" dept. She said that they would definitely know whether or not the C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream will continue to be sold in brick and mortar stores. I will call first thing tomorrow morning, and let ya'll know what they tell me.

I forgot to mention that the Bath & Body Works rep also gave me the direct line to C.O. Bigelow's Customer Support/Product line. I plan on calling them tomorrow as well to try to glean some additonal info. I will let ya'll know what I discover.

Has Bath and Body Works discontinued their CO Bigelow(proraso) line at all their brick and mortar stores?

I was at the mall in Meridian, MS and the sales person at the BBW said they had discontinued the CO Bigelow line at their store but I could still get it online.

In Tulsa, I stopped at one, and the lady said the smaller stores (fewer sales) were dropping it. If I wanted it, I'd have to go to the mall store, which has more sales.

I can't say about B&BW stores, but I spoke to Ian from C.O. Bigelow on Twitter last night, and he said that their Premium Shave Cream is here to stay. We might not all have the convenience of a B&M store, but at least a great product is still here.

Top Bottom