What's new

Looking for a non alcohol splash.

I know it's popular but I just don't like the excessive burn I experience.
I tried balms and they leave my face feeling greasy. I learned that I was using too much so I cut back. All is fine until I splash water on my face later in the day... It then feels greasy again.
So, I'd like to try some non alcohol splashes. I see many mentioned that seem to be standards but I don't know if there non alcohol or not.
Speick
Musgo Real
Alt-Innsbruck
Pinaud Clubman
Acca Kappa
Will any of these fit the bill? Will you recommend others?

All of the splashes you listed have alcohol in them and the associated burn. I would try Thayers aloe & witch hazel. Unscented or scented. None of them will burn or leave your face greasy. Wonderful stuff. Kanwa is an amazing grease-less balm. Lucky Tiger aftershave face tonic is a wonderful spicey orange aftershave splash that contains no alcohol. Also, you should check out Saint Charles Shave. Wendy makes some great aftershaves that are greaseless and contain no alcohol.

Happy hunting!

I do use the WH you mentioned before I use any AS. I guess I havent really considered that an AS. I'll definitely try the Lucky Tiger.

Lucido is my everyday AS splash. While I have felt the burn with some of the splashes you listed, I don't with Lucido. It does contain alcohol, so I don't know how to explain it.

My favorite AS for the past year has been Provence Sante Green Tea... Very crisp smelling splash w/o alcohol, very soothing and doesn't dry my skin out. I will def. be buying more once my current bottle runs out.

The best I can recommend is Trumper Skin Food. Though it is not a splash, it does not make your face feel greasy. A little goes a long way.

Either that or D.R. Harris Pink Aftershave which is a low-alcohol splash.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike

Top Bottom