What's new

2 days into the DE world, my wife grabs my razor lathers up and wants one! so...

the wife was curious about what i liked about this so much, so at her request i lathered up some cream for her and showed her around my merkur 34 after dropping in a new blade (unfortunately all i have now is merkur blades)

she did up her legs, and armpits, without a nick or weeper! she is TOTALLY better than i am already lol, even did her knees flawlessly and armpits as well.. she LOVED the shave, and more importantly absolutely no irritation on her armpits and she put on AS and then deodorant about 5 minutes later.. normally she burns like heck after a shave, and then has to wait 30 minutes to an hour to deodorant..

so, shes sold LOL.. especially after i dropped the numbers to her on blade and cream cost... and how long it lasts vs her lady bic crap ...

so, whats a decent razor for a woman? i know she could use mine just fine, but she is super girly so something pink, or an old school ladys one with the stars atleast ...

any ideas?

she already wanted to see about odering the AOS womens kit since we have a brush she can use too and she can use my razor for the time being.. i was tricky when we were tehre and made sure she smelled the womens stuff just in case lol..

so.. help me find a DE razor she will think is "cute" but isnt garbage..

thanks guys

sorry, we can kill this thread, she fell in love with a lady gillette blue star as soon as i showed her them.. we cant swing a pink right now money wise

hopefully we find one affordably..

Post a WTB here. That's how I got one for my wife.

Unfortunately, no amount of help on my part convinced here that this way is best.

She sounds like a keeper! Open mind, is interested in the things that you do, adventurous. You're a lucky man.

sorry, we can kill this thread, she fell in love with a lady gillette blue star as soon as i showed her them.. we cant swing a pink right now money wise

hopefully we find one affordably..

I bought a Lady Gillette for my sweetie the same night I bought my own first DE. She loves it, bought a couple to give as gifts to some of her girlfriends, now also has a gold one, and is on the lookout for an affordable pink one as well. I've bid kinda high on a couple pink ones, and been outbid by a buck or two, but this week I'm shocked by the price the pink ladies are going for.

Anyway congrats on you and your sweetie sharing a passion for DE. It's great aint it?

shes GREAT.. best woman i ever met in my life for sure.. always super supportive, and always open minded.

she wanted to give it a go and man are her legs ever SOFT! and she liked taking time to do it.. plus her armpits are so much better this way

as a side note, i searched through the B/S/T forum and found one, paid for it this morning, and she is on her way to a razor but im keeping it a secret..

thats about all the cash i can spend for a while on this new FANTASTIC hobby.. i spent too much in the last week LOL, and im not a man of means by any stretch of the word..

thanks guys.. she actually might even join up here!

I bought a Lady Gillette for my sweetie the same night I bought my own first DE. She loves it, bought a couple to give as gifts to some of her girlfriends, now also has a gold one, and is on the lookout for an affordable pink one as well. I've bid kinda high on a couple pink ones, and been outbid by a buck or two, but this week I'm shocked by the price the pink ladies are going for.

Anyway congrats on you and your sweetie sharing a passion for DE. It's great aint it?

yeah, my wife is a "pink" girl all the way down to a hello kitty carry on LOL, still lives like she is 12 years old, but then again so do i LOL..

i agree they are pretty expensive, and the color difference to her isnt worth spending my money on.. but i am sure i will find her one one day.. and suprise her with it.. personally i think she needs the pink one :thumbup:

yeah, my wife is a "pink" girl all the way down to a hello kitty carry on LOL, still lives like she is 12 years old, but then again so do i LOL..

i agree they are pretty expensive, and the color difference to her isnt worth spending my money on.. but i am sure i will find her one one day.. and suprise her with it.. personally i think she needs the pink one :thumbup:

Oh Jenny needs the pink one too. Good luck! I don't think the latest ebay prices are representative, the pink ones are less common and more desirable than the blue, but I'm confident that with patience we'll find one at a good price. I expect the prices on some of the fad razors will normalize in time.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

That's what my son says about me and it seems true about you and your wife.

We never grew up, we just got older. :thumbup1:

I converted my wife a few months back. She totally hates carts now.

She has been using a Feather Portable and really likes it; similar to a Gillette tech.

Interestingly, she never gets any nicks or cuts either.

She'll love the Lady Gillette. I found a GREAT deal on one, minty condition for $16 last year. I was VERY lucky because not only do they move fast but some people are very proud of them and the price reflects it.

Glad to hear you're wife is into it too. It make it that much more enjoyable them. Next thing to try, get a really mentholalted shave cream od soap and see if she likes the icey cold feeling on her legs. Warning though, some people can't handle the menthol, it can irritate them som she'll have to watch for this under her arms.

You're not getting her Rose Scented cream? Or her own brush?

she will get both in time.. we have to figure out what she likes

she really likes the AOS lavender im using ...

but she might get AOS stuff of her own since i have a gift card but its not good for a while, so we shall see

were hard on money right now

I bought my girlfriend a blue Lady Gillette about a year ago and she loves it. She hasn't used her Gillette Venus ever since. The prices on ebay have gotten ridiculous. As an alternative, I have a Parker (not sure of the model) that has a handle equally as long as the Lady Gillette that I'm sure would work just as well.

Good job on the convert.

My wife prefers long handled razors over shorter ones because there's a lot more reaching involved, and she like injectors because the angles are more conducive to leg shaving.

She couldn't care less about a brush or 'proper' lather, she prefers KMF applied by hand.

Reading this thread has made me jealous...

You guys are some lucky gents. My wife says she's going to bury all my shaving equipment and colognes with me. Fear not! I told her she can sell it all and create a decent revenue stream. Maybe, I should buy her one of these much discussed lady's DE -- to turn the tables on her.

Then, I'll bury her with all her DE equipment...

NOT!

Top Bottom