What's new

Witch hazel at Wally world

Gotta stop by this aweful place today and get a battery for the pickup.. Where do they keep the witch hazel in this monstrous store? I don't think I've seen it near the shave stuff...

Thanks guys..!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Gotta stop by this aweful place today and get a battery for the pickup.. Where do they keep the witch hazel in this monstrous store? I don't think I've seen it near the shave stuff...

Thanks guys..!

You post sounds exactly like what goes through my head when my wife sends me to that s***hole. Damn it all, I hate- no, ABHOR, that place.

Welcome to Wally World...repository for goods made in China. :thumbdown
Almost everything on the shelf seems to be made in China anymore.
I go there only as a last resort and then I go about 11:00 at night (less crowded).
The ones here are open 24 hours.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think good ole Sam must be rolling over in his grave.

yep, he at least made an effort to have some American made products in his store. the kids just don't have enough money I guess (though their next 5 generations will still be spending what they have now).

yep, he at least made an effort to have some American made products in his store. the kids just don't have enough money I guess (though their next 5 generations will still be spending what they have now).

I grew up in north east Oklahoma and remember going to Wal-Mart as a kid (early 80's). The stores were small and very proud to buy American. Sam used to talk about it in his commercials and interviews. I believe he was a billionaire when he died, if not he was worth hundreds of millions. He still drove a little old pick up truck. It never changed him. Unfortunately his kids don't share his beliefs.

Wal-Mart sells both a generic witch hazel in 12-14% alcohol suspension and T.N. Dickenson's which also is in a 12% alcohol suspension. Generic is $1.50 or so. Dickenson's is close to $3.

I had to go to Wal-Mart on Friday afternoon to get some cat litter and also to refill a Rx which I was almost out of hence I could not leave without it. I waited nearly an hour and a half for those pills and just sat there on a hard bench with the rest of the old duffers. None of them were even interested in talking about wet-shaving. :laugh:

"You sure have it for this shaving thing, mister. You're like a crazy person!" :sneaky2:

last time i bought witch hazel, i went to target. The target brand had no price, so I took it to one of those beam mounted self scanner price check things. Somehow, maybe due to an error...... it displayed a price of 30 cents per regular sized bottle. I bought 12 i think.
Hope nobody else in my area needed any that day, cause i cleared the section.

Well I went by there and checked out the batteries.. Geez, $82 bucks for a simple old school 24F battery... Didn't get it.. I think I'm gonna check around a little more... I did score the witch hazel tho...!

That place sucks the big one...
You guys have seen the peopleofwalmart.com website - haven't ya..?

I saw that they had WH there as well. I didn't buy it but I did pick up a couple of packs of German made Wilikson Swords for $1.75 a piece. I haven't tried them yet but I figured for less than 18 cents a blade, what the heck!

Welcome to Wally World...repository for goods made in China. :thumbdown
Almost everything on the shelf seems to be made in China anymore.
I go there only as a last resort and then I go about 11:00 at night (less crowded).
The ones here are open 24 hours.

I'm not one to judge, but we only have ourselves to blame.

From what I understand, Wal-Mart buys products from the lowest bidder, and expects lower prices from their suppliers every year. If you get a contract with them, they give you big orders, and then stop them if your prices rise - and you're stuck with a crapload of stock that you can't unload.

Thayer's, while more expensive, is made in Massachusetts, isn't it? It might cost more, but you're putting money back into your neighbours pockets. Plus, the people getting paid are seeing honest wages (laborers in China can't be seeing a lot of money if you're buying a bottle of imported WH for 3 bucks a bottle).

The Unites States is build upon (among other things) entrepreneurship and capitalism. Nobody's going to listen to you unless you speak with your wallet.

Thayer's, while more expensive, is made in Massachusetts, isn't it? It might cost more, but you're putting money back into your neighbours pockets. Plus, the people getting paid are seeing honest wages (laborers in China can't be seeing a lot of money if you're buying a bottle of imported WH for 3 bucks a bottle).
The cheapo Wal-Mart witch hazel says it's manufactured by Cumberland Swan in Smyrna TN. There's nothing on the bottle to indicate it's imported.

Well I went by there and checked out the batteries.. Geez, $82 bucks for a simple old school 24F battery... Didn't get it.. I think I'm gonna check around a little more... I did score the witch hazel tho...!

That place sucks the big one...
You guys have seen the peopleofwalmart.com website - haven't ya..?

Sadly enough, when you go to Auto Boys, O'Really's or Pep Zone you will get the same high price for a standard truck battery. They want you to buy a $130 battery that would barely last 2 years. :thumbdown

Dickensons used to be made in Essex CT, don't know where it's made today.

BTW, at the Hannaford supermarket we shop at, if you get the WH in the shaving section you get a small bottle for $6. Move around to bandages, rubbing alcohol, etc and the bottle is twice the size for $4. Both are made by Dickenson- exactly the same alcohol content. There was a store brand for $3 if memory serves.

BTW, batteries... The price has skyrocketed in the last few years.

Top Bottom