I love tallow soaps but I assume it is easier to make a great shaving soap with tallow than without.
What non-tallow soaps have impressed you the most?
I'll start off with five. OK 7
1) Martin de Candre - there has been a lot of discussion about this soap so I'll just say that I'm a believer.
2) eShave avocado & linden - this was my number 1 until MdC knocked it off. Slick, cushiony, lather doesn't dry out, cool scent, appears to last and last...
3) Provence Sante/ Cade (tie) - PS lathers easier but Cade smells better. Both produce shaves that are just first rate.
4) EJ/Muhle Sea Buckthorn - Great scent, slick lather. This is good stuff.
5) Klar Kabinett/ Trumper's Violet (tie) - KK wins on price - Trumpers is a solid choice. If I'm in a floral mood the choice between rose and violet determines what I pick.
Any of the above can keep me happy. What do you like?