What's new

Can you name this person?

Having participated in this thread on rare occasion, I'd like to throw out a suggestion so as to keep things moving. Often I've found the portrait to be of a fairly obscure person, known only to the original poster. And that's fine, part of the game. But sometimes we're talking really esoteric, as though a competition toward obscurity is at work. That too is fine in my book, if only as part of the educative process. My suggestion in this and all cases is that the original poster would be obliged to throw out clues from time to time to keep things moving. Sometimes I've seen these portrait identities linger on and on without budging at all. Wasn't there a 48 hr. rule, where if no one guessed, anyone else could step in with a new person to identify?

Posting a portrait to identify is a responsibility in this sense. So perhaps we could have a new rule whereby the original poster is obliged to provide clues on a 6-12-24-48 hour cycle until the person in question is identified? Whatever you all think the cycle should be is fine by me.

Last edited:
Having participated in this thread on rare occasion, I'd like to throw out a suggestion so as to keep things moving. Often I've found the portrait to be of a fairly obscure person, known only to the original poster. And that's fine, part of the game. But sometimes we're talking really esoteric, as though a competition toward obscurity is at work. That too is fine in my book, if only as part of the educative process. My suggestion in this and all cases is that the original poster would be obliged to throw out clues from time to time to keep things moving. Sometimes I've seen these portrait identities linger on and on without budging at all. Wasn't there a 48 hr. rule, where if no one guessed, anyone else could step in with a new person to identify?

Posting a portrait to identify is a responsibility in this sense. So perhaps we could have a new rule whereby the original poster is obliged to provide clues on a 6-12-24-48 hour cycle until the person in question is identified? Whatever you all think the cycle should be is fine by me.
+1 ... klewz 'r gud.

malocchio? anyone?
Post us a puzzling pic.

let's do an easy one..

Attachments

• $zzz2222.jpg
    $zzz2222.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 59
Alright, so I showed the first picture to my wife and she said, "John Lennon? Janis Joplin?" Then I said, "The guy's a singer and the gal's a guitar player," and she got it immediately.

Okay, enough time has elapsed without a guess. It's Lux Interior and Poison Ivy Rorschach, lead singer and rhythm guitarist for the Cramps. RIP Lux.

Anyone can step up to the plate.

Top Bottom