What's new

Sterling Silver Gillette OldType 1906 Gorham?

Hallo everybody,

just found my score of the life i think.
Anybody now this Gillette Old Type. the serial number 820915 date it to 1906 and Krumholz said that there is only known prototypes cause they was build till 1908/1909 regulary? Furthermore there is stamped "Pat Nov 15'04". on the head and on the handle is stamped Sterling Silver. The hellmark is like a human head but not the one of Gorham.

Would be happy if anyone could identify it. I collect razors and saw a lot but never saw a gillette one where the under head is on the handle and WITH ornaments. the abc pocket types with ornaments have 2 pieces of the head.
hope you understand my english. it is very strange to describe it cause i am so happy with it. looks like if the razor was produced yesterday... :w00t:

the case i think is a mismatch cause the case is not from 1906 or?

proxy.php

best regards
michael

Oha, this razor is not just a razor.This is maybe holy grail of razors:001_tt1: I bet Achim hasn't had one of them. Congratulations.

A worthless copy...I'll gladly take it off your hands...:tongue_sm

Seriously, that is one amazing find. I wonder if it is is a modified old type by some silversmith.. Definitely a beauty...congrats

Congratulations on a beautiful, unique find!

Gillette, at one time, would make unique razors for executives of the company and for some customers. It really could be a one-of-a-kind.

That is one fine looking razor. So very unique! I bet you are very happy! Please let us know how it shaves. The head looks like a 102 type head. Doesn't it say Gillette anywhere on it? It is stunningly clean and the plating looks like new. Congratulations!

thank you. i'm probably the happiest wet shaver i think just in the moment. the razor does'nt show any "gillette". i bought this razor from a collecters wive. i will keep it my whole life and than my childrens... nice addition to my collection!

Top Bottom