What's new

Saving money

I started wetshaving to help with my ingrown hair problems and to save a little cash along the way. Face is in much better shape but I dropped enough money to keep a fusion cutting for two years today. Ssad's

That's just what we tell the new guys to get them hooked, and that's what we tell our wives to keep them off of our back...

:lol::lol::lol:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think you will end up with better shaves but saving money, I'm not sure...

Think of it more as reallocation of funds. You're still spending the money only instead of crappy expensive cartridges you're spending it on wonderful expensive soap. :biggrin1:

Absolutely true. Then again, I never looked forward to a shave before starting my wetshave odyssey. I consider that money in my pocket. :001_smile

The only way to save a little money by starting into wetshaving............Is to start with a lot of money and hope you have saved a little by the time the AD's are brought under control!

My daughter's fiance is the only one I know who has saved money wetshaving. He's been wetshaving close to 3 years. In that time he has only bought 1 DE (Merkur HD); one type of blade (Feathers), one cheap brush until I gifted him a Rooney two Christmas's ago, and he buys one tub of cream at a time and uses it until it's finished. He was using TOBS until I gave him a tub of Vintage Blades cream. Now his favorite cream is VB Sandalwood. I give him some of the samples I get, but it hasn't tempted him to buy others. He never used a soap so I gave him some Cella last week. He liked the scent, but I don't know if he'll use it. I wonder if the fact that he is not a B&B member and doesn't visit this site has anything to do with it.

My daughter's fiance is the only one I know who has saved money wetshaving. He's been wetshaving close to 3 years. In that time he has only bought 1 DE (Merkur HD); one type of blade (Feathers), one cheap brush until I gifted him a Rooney two Christmas's ago, and he buys one tub of cream at a time and uses it until it's finished. He was using TOBS until I gave him a tub of Vintage Blades cream. Now his favorite cream is VB Sandalwood. I give him some of the samples I get, but it hasn't tempted him to buy others. He never used a soap so I gave him some Cella last week. He liked the scent, but I don't know if he'll use it. I wonder if the fact that he is not a B&B member and doesn't visit this site has anything to do with it.

He is the wise buyer who seems to imitate those from the third world countries...needless to say your daughter has chosen a modest man, one who can make you reflect on your non-money saving habits ;)

I wonder if the fact that he is not a B&B member and doesn't visit this site has anything to do with it.

Nahh... Can't be.... I'm... I'm insulted, Sir. To imply that we in any way influence or corrupt...

**INTERMISSION AS I CHECK THE BST**

... where was I? Oh, right. I am SHOCKED at you, sir. Just shocked.

:001_rolle

The only way to save money is to have grandfather pass down everything. But that will only last until the person sees all the soaps and creams, etc.

I think that the only way that you can save money DE shaving is to not join BB and then stay away from all things that talk about DE shaving online. However, staying away from here would be silly since you learn so much and its such a great community.

Top Bottom