What's new

I've got Da fat! With picture.

Hi guys! I've always been curious to try "Da Fat." Normally Known as Mitchell's Wool Fat.

Got it in the mail yesterday, and the quality of the ceramic bowl is amazing. The smell is amazing too, I love it! It really reminds me of what my grandparents' bathroom smelled like when I visited there when I was a kid. A huge bathroom, with a huge bath tub (for a kid anyway), pink and ugly, but it sure smelled nice!

I tried shaving with it yesterday, that didn't work so well. Got loads of bubbles, the skin felt grippy when shaving, and it was just not good enough. I had to empty the lather and load up with T&H's Ultimate Comfort and preshave oil for the ATG pass. Escaped with some irritation.

The stuff would just not lather on me! It didn't help that I didn't have as much time as I wanted either.

I watched Mantic's tips on lathering Da Fat just a few minutes ago and decided to do another practice lather. I bring you...

proxy.php

Stiff peaks, anyone?!

Great soap, just needs a little practice and break in.
And remember to use it often, or it will get grumpy and hard to lather again.

Great soap, just needs a little practice and break in.
And remember to use it often, or it will get grumpy and hard to lather again.

+1. Use cool or lukewarm water and facelather adding small amounts of water. You'll get great lather from it in no time.

where did you purchase it from? I could use a second bowl for my prep when I'm shaving.

Thanks in advance.

I bought it from shaving.ie. I got the bowl with soap, and five Astra SPs and yellow Gillettes for a total of €26 I think. That's about $35, or £20.

Very nice. It took me quite a while to get there, but I finally did. I was getting ready to give up on MWF. So glad I persisted!

Looks like you nailed it. I watched Mantic's video the day my MWF arrived. I credit the video with never having a bad experience with this wonderful product. And after using MWF I questioned some of my previous purchases. It's earned a spot in my rotation.

Nice looking lather. Good enough to eat, and I'm no big fan of meringe. MWF is the next on the list of my terrible case of SSAD.:laugh:

Top Bottom