What's new

Geo F. Trumpers

This thread is going real strong after exactly 1 day & 1 year. I tried Geo. F Trumpers and I got the best performance from the rose. The coconut was okay for me. Again we all have different skin types. Ever since I started wet shaving I truly enjoy more Shaving Soaps. Then again I haven't tried the Geo F Trumpers SS just their creams. But everyone should try their sampler b/c you do get a lot items for the price. Thank you all for participating in this thread!

GFT is a citrus scent but not terribly enthralling or distinctive.

I enjoy it as an everyday scent that I can wear to the office. A real winner. Going out for after dark events, it may not be the best choice for me because I would want something with more bite but if you were looking for something pleasant that doesn't scream 'smell me' then it would be a top choice. Just goes to show the different tastes we have here @ B&B!

Aaron

Thanks

I tried to order the sampler online but they don't ship samples to Canada
I emailed the address listed on the site and a rep got back to me explaining the situation (something about alcohol in the mail again:angry:)
She then offered to ship me a package in the mail..get this...at No Charge!

Love it

That's fricken awesome dude. Oh and Sandalwood smells horrible. Don't be surprised, this is probably the only sandalwood I don't like.

How does the coconut oil cream smell like? does that smell like their coconut oil shaving soap? I like the coconut oil shaving soap smell although it is pretty oily and heavy, overall good soap though

The coconut oil cream is midway between dried,sweetened coconut flakes and suntan oil. Like all the other GFT creams, the scent is artificial. Never tried the coconut shave soap.

No, the scent is artificial fragrance oil. This was confirmed by Trumpers in another thread awhile back. The cream base is exactly the same as the other GFT creams...all of them contain contain coconut acid, as do any other cream that is manufactured by Creightons. Coconut oil and/or some other type of coconut derivative is extremely common in shaving soaps and creams. There is nothing special or unique about the formulation of the GFT coconut cream. The people that think it somehow works markedly better than the other GFT creams are fooling themselves, IMHO. AFAIK they're all made from the same cream base and have the same ingredients other than the fragrance elements, which vary depending on what scent you buy. Now, I'm not saying that GFT creams don't perform well, they do...but so does pretty much every other cream manufactured by Creightons.

I used the last of my GFT samples over the weekend, Rose. It came up with a pleasantly pink tinged lather, and a rose aroma that did not remind me of grannies - which is A Good Thing. On Sunday I had an epic lather, I put a little bit more water in the mix than on Saturday and it was like a comedy cream pie, the stuff was everywhere. I had my normal 2 passes, then another for luck and still would have had enough left for today's shave if there was some way of keeping it(!)

Next time I order something from GFT I would seriously consider this one.

Top Bottom