What's new

Geo F. Trumpers

Got the GFT Almond out for a shave today with my new Vie-Long Silvertip Badger Olivewood Shaving Brush. Like all the other GFT SC that I have used it lathered up nicely in the bowl and performed as it should. The scent is a bit more subtle than some of the others like violet or coconut oil. This is not a negative. Merely an observation. YMMV.

When I received my blade sampler pack from WCS they included a sample of GFT Almond with it, I fell in love with that sent (and I hate almonds!) I just ordered a sampler pack from Trumpers website, hopefully I get it in soon I am dieing to try out the rest.

GFT for me. I superlather it with AOS lemon soap in a wood mug. Those are the exclusive lathering agents for me, and have been for a while now, after much experimentation. Not saying at some point I won't drift here and there, maybe now and then. . .but no desire to do so at the moment.

Last edited:
I enjoy GFT Violet and Coconut shave creams very much and find that they perform extremely well. I am also a big fan of the TOBS creams. The scent of the GFT Violet cream and soap is extraordinary.

Best regards,

Doug

Not really a big fan of Trumpers besides their skin foods and their Coconut Oil. GFT is alright but I am not partial to the slight Vanilla hint it gives off. Trumper's Coconut is a permanent addition to my rotation and is most certainly my favorite cream.

Howdy y'all!

I would like to try either TOBS or Geo F. Trumpers and would welcome your recommendations on which scent you would suggest. Some I have thought about include:
Eton College
Eucris
GFT
Astor
Jemryn
Lemon and Lime
Mr. Taylor

Anyone other scents I've missed?

Best,
Jerry

So far my only creams have been Uomo and TOBS Lemon & Lime. The TOBS L&L: it actually smells like lemon and lime, not in the toilet freshener way. A mild, yet distinct and warm citric scent. Lathers great, zero irritation (from the cream anyway :p) on my sensitive man-skin, and very moisturising.

For Trumpers you've gotta go with Coconut. Its my favorite cream it has never given me bad lather, and consequently a bad shave. Permanently at the top of the top shelf for me.

For TOBS I have become a huge fan of Mr. Taylor. One of the best smelling creams out their. St. James is amazing as well.

Spend the $6 to buy their sample pack from the Trumpers website (includes the cost of shipping from the UK).

You can decide for yourself which you like best. You may find that you like one of their other scents even better than the ones you listed above! Plus, you'll receive some of their cologne samples as well.

Terrific place to start.

Thank you very much for this suggestion, I didn't even know that was available! So now for like 8 GBPS plus free shipping I get to find the scent I like best and if it is worth the 30 or so a tub :) . Super kudos to you!

Almond - the only thing I don't like about all GFTs is the lather doesn't last long enough but its great other then that.

Last edited:
Almond - the only thing I don't like about all GFTs is the lather doesn't last long enough but its great other then that.

Hmm, I thought that was just me shaving so slow...
How long have you been wet shaving, and how long does a shave take for you?

Hmm, I thought that was just me shaving so slow...
How long have you been wet shaving, and how long does a shave take for you?

I like to lather then have my coffe while the cream softens the wires and makes the shave nicer. The actual shave is about 10 mins SR, 5 mins DE.

I ordered the Trumpers sampler about two weeks ago...then Canada Post decided to stage a labour lock-out and left me waiting. Furthermore, my local T&H (Scotia Tower Toronto) is out of their samplers and told me it would be another couple of weeks. I'm having a lot of luck these days...unfortunately all of the bad variety.

Rose and Violet for me are the stand out products in their range with, for me at least, the lime being the one that gives the least performing cushion of a lather. Now if only they would bring out a Eucris shaving cream like they did shavng soap we would have much more to write about..........

Top Bottom