What's new

Geo F. Trumpers

I bought a tube of the "GFT" scent. I tried it a few times and got excellent shaves..then my wife hijacked it and the tube was empty before I got to shave with it again! :blush:

It's six pounds, isn't it? Would translate to...12 bucks or so, I guess?

Still a steal for what you get.

OP: I prefer the Sandlewood myself, but only for the scent. All their creams that I've tried seem to perform equally well.

I purchased one in January, and the price was 4 pounds and change, shipped to the US. I'm going from memory here, but I was charged in the $6-$8 range.

Having said that, I saw a more recent picture of a sample pack, and it included two skin food samples (which mine did not). Guessing that they alter the samplers from time to time (and price accordingly).

GFT limes here in my rotation. I must admit it is a lovely cream, lovely scent and as good as my TOBS rose and sandlewood at producing great lather. I am lusting over the coconut as it gets rave reviews but also have a fettish for DR Harris lavender - decisions decisions.......

I purchased one in January, and the price was 4 pounds and change, shipped to the US. I'm going from memory here, but I was charged in the $6-$8 range.

Having said that, I saw a more recent picture of a sample pack, and it included two skin food samples (which mine did not). Guessing that they alter the samplers from time to time (and price accordingly).

I just ordered the new sampler from Trumpers. Includes 7 cologne samples, 6 cream samples (i think every one but lime, kinda pissed i like lime a lot) and 2 skin food samples. It was 6 GBP which works out to 9.5 CDN

I got a sampler pack for my birthday, and I was amazed at the quality of the lather. It seemed much better than the proraso and QCS that I've tried. I love the GFT smell so far. I'm still trying to gauge how much to use. Any tips?

I got a sampler pack for my birthday, and I was amazed at the quality of the lather. It seemed much better than the proraso and QCS that I've tried. I love the GFT smell so far. I'm still trying to gauge how much to use. Any tips?

You have to use less than you'd think. It's a touchy mix, but with practice you'll get it.

This is one of the samples that I recently purchased with matching skin food. Like the scent, but the cream was a bit on the harder side and seemed more suitable to mug/bowl application.

The lather I got out of GFT Violet was always white...

Agree !!

Colour change from violet to white (at the end).

However "colour" cream is not the best on my face.:blushing:

Always little irritation but for me Trumper is the best.

:001_smile

proxy.php

Working through some GFT samples and had to try the violet to see for myself about this lather color mystery as there have been a few different experiences posted.

Normally a face lathering type, I busted out the bowl this morning. Surprisingly good and copious amounts of lather created by bowl method as compared to face direct. And the color was...drum roll please…white after it lathered from a purple color cream.

Liked the scent and the shave was close and safe. Left the face nicely moisturized. May have to do it again tomorrow :thumbup1:

All right, now I have to bust out my coconut sample and try it tomorrow. Looking forward to it. BTW, I took another turn with the violet in the bowl and really liked the results. Nice lather and pleasantly subtle scent. Could end up being a bowl guy with the GFT.

Of the Geo F. Trumpers I have only used Almond but they all seem to have the same very hi ratings from everyone. All comments seem to suggest that theu all have that rich feel which is great. I just find the almond as nice a shave as you can find when you have the time to enjoy it?

I received samples of the Rose, GFT, Limes; If I had to pick one it'd be Rose, but they ALL lathered great, very easy. Least preferred scent Limes, a bit sweet, synthetic.

Based on the reviews here, I even just ordered a sample pack.
I was a while intrested in Trumpeter , but did not know they were selling samples.
If you look at the picture on their site there are no Lime sample in , which I regret.

I ordered a tub of Sandalwood yesterday based on my results from the sample. I went ahead and picked up some Sandalwood Skin Food as well.

So after reading all the ringing endorsements I finally tried the coconut oil sample this morning. It truly is an amazing scent. Made me want to go out in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops...then I realized it is Spring only in name here in the Northeast with temps in the high 30's.

If you like the scent of coconut, then you cannot go wrong with this SC. I may save the rest of the sample for the warmer weather :001_smile

My Daughter loves Lime scented shaving cream, however at the advice of my wife I mixed the Limes and the Coconut and wound up with an excellent smelling lather.

I currently have a tube of the Limes and the sample pack, but after using the sample pack I can see I will be purchasing several more tubes of various scents to use in a regular rotation.

My Daughter loves Lime scented shaving cream, however at the advice of my wife I mixed the Limes and the Coconut and wound up with an excellent smelling lather.

Just don't "drink it all up!" :lol:

I sense a Topgumby treatment in the offing. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom