What's new

Razor burn vs. irritation, which is it?

Are there any easy ways to tell whether you're experiencing razor burn, or whether it's ingrown hair type irritation (without getting out the magnifying glass to view follicles) ?? How do you tell them apart?

And what's the difference between the two, if there really is any?

Cheers!

I suppose that experiencing either after the shave is uncomfortable. Irritation to me somewhat implies allergic type reaction to a product. Everything else is "razor burn" and "razor burn" is caused 99% of the time by a combination of technique or trying to stretch a blade into too many shaves.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The way I understand it. Razor burn and irritation are pretty much the same. Redness and itchy spots.

Ingrowns or bumps are similar to a big pimple, it's a red bump and a bit worse than irritation.

An ingrown hair is exactly that - a hair growing under the skin. If you got it, you'll know it!
Redness/irritation/razor burn are all pretty much different names for the same thing.

The way I understand it. Razor burn and irritation are pretty much the same. Redness and itchy spots.

Ingrowns or bumps are similar to a big pimple, it's a red bump and a bit worse than irritation.

+1. Neither are very good. :eek2:

Top Bottom