What's new

Darwin Razor

Wow....just watched the Darwin Razor (no case) go for $406.00 on da bay. Just wow. i would love to have one of these razors some day but I think I have been priced out of the market. Amazing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=160546983293&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The bad part part is that they never mentioned Darwin in the title line. I thought that would limit interest but I was so wrong.

It appears my ebay link isn't working so here is the title it was listed under:

Vtg Old Art Deco Ornate England Razor Retro Eames Era

Last edited:
I was just about to comment on that. What is it about that razor that makes it so special and warrants the extraordinarily high price?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
$400.00 is insane. Just like $150.00 for the ABC Empire. I don't understand it. But eventually all the crazy people need to run out of money and then the rest of us can start buying again.

$150 is basically the norm for a darwin. But with the pathetically poor title I thought it would go for $100, less than usual. Not $400+

I know sometimes these prices seem insane, but if you are a collector looking for this model, the sky is the limit. Worth it, no, hence why I didn't bid. But to someone obviously it was

Is it? Because I paid $250 for my cobalt steel Darwin Deluxe in the leather case. I actually thought I got a good deal on it as a complete set.

I was talking about uncased. $250 is a fair price for a good condition cobalt cased set. I'd call it a good price, but its $250, which is still well spend IMO. The cheaper, non cobalt version, usually/should go for less

Top Bottom