Thread: Red Death: the Shot that's also a Drink

Default Red Death: the Shot that's also a Drink

My friend Stephanie introduced me to this drink.. er shot.. well I do it as a shot, she has the bartender make it in a pint glass and drinks it as a regular cocktail

Red Death AKA Liquid Panty Remover
    Basically its a Kamikaze and an Alabama Slammer mixed together, so:
    1oz Vodka
    1oz Triple Sec
    1oz Lime Juice

3/4oz Amaretto
    3/4oz Southern Comfort
    3/4oz Sloe Gin
    OJ

Shake all ingredients with ice: strain into shot glasses or pour into a pint glass and enjoy: Tastes like Red fruit punch, no alcohol taste, great in the summer
    Occam's Razor was a RAZOR!

I love Kamikazes scaled up to a full size drink, but the only time I had an Alabama Slammer it wasn't to my liking. Of course my wife made the AS, and she isn't real fond of doing crazy things like measuring ingredients, so I am sure that didn't help.

I'll give this a shot!

Dave
    I am not a purist, I am a funist. Founding Father of Bad Latherers Anonymous. Disciple of Ogallala and First Mate of The Captain's Choice.

Hell, I'm in even without the OJ.
    [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=3029425"]My last full photo spread[/URL] It's gotten a bit worse since then - Ken
    I Truly hope B&B makes a full recovery, I didn't realize how great the community was until it was gone.

A cocktail with a name you cannot mention in mixed company is likely a poor cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyR View Post
    A cocktail with a name you cannot mention in mixed company is likely a poor cocktail.
    Why can't you mention Red Death?

or did you mean the AKA part? I suppose that should have been in parantheses as I meant it more as a joke (high alcohol content, Easy to drink)

I think I would be passed out from just one of those.
    - Lou

Quote Originally Posted by PharmerMat View Post
    Why can't you mention Red Death?

or did you mean the AKA part? I suppose that should have been in parantheses as I meant it more as a joke (high alcohol content, Easy to drink)

I was refering to the AKA part, though there are no shortage of similar name types that are poor drinks.

different strokes I s'pose wouldn't order it at a client lunch or when meeting someone for the first time, but I did put quite a few of these away with the bridal party at my brother's wedding.

I have some very memorable moments thanks to this drink and others like it

I have some very memorable moments thanks to this drink and others like it
    If you can remember them you were doing it wrong.

[URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=3029425"]My last full photo spread[/URL] It's gotten a bit worse since then - Ken
    I Truly hope B&B makes a full recovery, I didn't realize how great the community was until it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by probesport View Post
    If you can remember them you were doing it wrong.

truth.

My friend Stephanie introduced me to this drink.. er shot.. well I do it as a shot, she has the bartender make it in a pint glass and drinks it as a regular cocktail

Red Death AKA Liquid Panty Remover
    Basically its a Kamikaze and an Alabama Slammer mixed together, so:
    1oz Vodka
    1oz Triple Sec
    1oz Lime Juice

3/4oz Amaretto
    3/4oz Southern Comfort
    3/4oz Sloe Gin
    OJ

Shake all ingredients with ice: strain into shot glasses or pour into a pint glass and enjoy: Tastes like Red fruit punch, no alcohol taste, great in the summer
    I think the red death is a NJ shore drink, and I dont mean the show. Some drinks are only known by their geographical origin. I was once in Texas and asked for a drink at a bar and the girl looked at me like I had 3 heads.
    I then told her what was in it and she knew it by a different name. I would bet your friend is from NJ.
    " I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol... because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older " - Patrick Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJ74 View Post
    I think the red death is a NJ shore drink, and I dont mean the show. Some drinks are only known by their geographical origin. I was once in Texas and asked for a drink at a bar and the girl looked at me like I had 3 heads.
    I then told her what was in it and she knew it by a different name. I would bet your friend is from NJ.
    Nope-- Florida born and raised, just like me... but that was the same reaction I got at bars... blank stare and "you want a what?"

Thats why I posted the recipe--trying to make the world a slightly more enjoyable place for us all

EDIT: But the bartender that she got it from first (or the guy that ordered it for her the first time) may have been a NJ native....
    Last edited by PharmerMat; 03-05-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: remembered something I forgot