What's new

The worst movie you ever watched.

It seems like there are quite a few movie buffs on B&B. I thought it might be fun for us to tell about the WORST movie you ever saw (or at least watched for 30 minutes before walking out). Why did you think it was so bad? My worst was "The Avengers" with Uma Thurman and Ralph Fiennes. Disjointed plot that was difficult to follow, and the acting was non-existent. Sean Connery disgraced himself by appearing in this groaner. The only minor saving graces of this movie were Miss. Thurman's black body suit, and the exotic beauty of Carmen Ejogo.

Last edited:
It's hard to say absolute worst, but here are a few that I hate and will never watch again:

Van Helsing
The Hours
Into the Wild
Me and You and Everyone We Know
Year One

"Ice Pirates"

I was in my teens, w/ a school friend, and when we were thinking about walking out we realized because we were dropped off, we didn't really have anywhere to go so we stuck it out.

An excerpt for your viewing pleasure
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sChJ50jONNU[/YOUTUBE]

It was so bad I bought a copy when it came out on DVD, if that makes any sense.:blink:

I don't know if it's the worst, but what comes to mind is House of 1000 Corpses. It was so bad that I fast forwarded through it. I almost NEVER quit on a movie.

The worst move I have ever seen was Avatar, I absolutely hate that movie, I want my $12.50 and 2 hours 45 minutes back. The plot was stupid, their hair plug thing was hilarious I was trying so hard not to laugh during the hair sex scene. I know I don't have many points on why I hate it so much but its just one of things, you either love it or hate it. Let the flaming begin LOL!:lol:

Eyes Wide Shut & Bridges of Madison County. My wife and I (pre-children) used see at least a movie a week, and these two were the closest we came to ever asking for our money back.

jbird

+1 on Battlefield Earth! I think Ladykillers (the newer one with Tom Hanks) ranks up there with the best of the stinkers. Made it about 10 minutes in, and had to turn it off due to the language alone.:thumbdown

Yes, I agree that there are too many to list.

I'll say the first couple of big budget films that popped into my head.

Mission Impossible II
10,000 BC

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Solaris (2002) George Clooney.

By far the worst movie I ever had the misfortune to cast my eyes upon.
You know how people always say that the movie was not as good as the book?
Well, in this case the movie was nothing like the book.
I don't know if the people who made that film ever read the book.
I don't think they knew a book existed.
A provocative interesting story was purged of all political incorrectness and the end result was a piece of garbage worthy of solving the worst insomniacs problem.

Solaris (2002) George Clooney.

By far the worst movie I ever had the misfortune to cast my eyes upon.
You know how people always say that the movie was not as good as the book?
Well, in this case the movie was nothing like the book.
I don't know if the people who made that film ever read the book.
I don't think they knew a book existed.
A provocative interesting story was purged of all political incorrectness and the end result was a piece of garbage worthy of solving the worst insomniacs problem.

Ow Phil, I actually kinda liked it. I wasn't aware of any politics but maybe it was all removed or so much was removed I'm not understanding.

Did you happen to see the earlier film from 1972
I've been thinking of checking that out.

Last edited:
I don't remember many details since it's been a few years, but Going Overboard, with Adam Sandler was the absolute worst movie I've seen.

Rollover starring Jane Fonda. Started snoring in the theater. We stayed for 3/4's of it thinking that something, anything had to happen... it never did.

Only one my wife and I walked out of - actually drove out of because it was at a drive-in theater - The Three Amigos. I've seen a ton of bad movies on TV and DVDs and I'll quit watching, but that's the only one I left after paying for tickets.

Ow Phil, I actually kinda liked it. I wasn't aware of any politics but maybe it was all removed or so much was removed I'm not understanding.

Did you happen to see the earlier film from 1972
I've been thinking of checking that out.

The 1972 film is terrific.

I hardly remember the Clooney film, but I remember thinking it was all right when I saw it.

metal skin . I would say that if i watched a movie every day for the rest of my life i would not find a bigger failure

Top Bottom