What's new

Mason Pearson Brush ?

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to wetshaving.....I came across a brush I haven't heard of yet ~ Mason Pearson. Is this a good brush? What would one expect to pay for this brush?

I'm just looking for opinions & TIA,

Tim

saw it on "fee-bay". Not affiliated to this person in any way whatsoever, but it looks like a nice brush...

Last edited:
Personally speaking Mason Pearson are much more well known for hair brush making rather than shaving brush. They were never a competitor for the Simpson side of our business but were definitely a competitor for the Coates side of our business, much like Kents

Gary

Yeah, what Gary said.

Swmbo has a Mason Pearson hair brush that cost $150. I used to make fun of her for having such an exspensive brush. Now she has the last laugh....

MP shaving brushes are rumor to be made by Vulfix. The few reviews I have heard said that they are not very dense and toward the floppy side. Not a tremmendous value considering the price. Stick with Simpsons, Kent, Rooney and Shavemac for badger brushes, you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
I have always associated MP with hair brushes. They are supposed to be very good.

Thanks,
Mike

Personally speaking Mason Pearson are much more well known for hair brush making rather than shaving brush. They were never a competitor for the Simpson side of our business but were definitely a competitor for the Coates side of our business, much like Kents

Gary

Top Bottom