What's new

Fountain pen nibmeisters.

What nibmeisters have you used, or recommend? I have used Richard Binder, who is very good, but his back log for service can be quite lengthy. Any others?

I have used Danny Fudge at thewritepen.com a couple of times and he is great. He's very fast and doesn't charge you until the work is done to your satisfaction. His prices are very reasonable as well.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I was thinking about getting some work done by Pendleton. He can be found on FPN. His Pendleton Point looks nice.

You could also try the Canadian Nibmeister who is on the B&B board. Me!

Check out Penrx.ca and ask on FPN about me for references.

Cheers,
Sean

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Good to know, Sean. I've heard good things. Nice website.

I see you weld, do you retip nibs with new iridium? I've got one old Osmia with a problem.

As to the original question, yes Binder is slow but worth the wait -- fantastic work. One great but little known resource if you want a nice grind is Pendemonium where they employ the services of an ex-Sheaffer worker. Great stuff at only $20!

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In honor of the great MParker, let me be the first to say this here-

Q: What'a a nibmeister?
A: A guy with a nib and an ego.

Ouch:

You are quickly developing a unhealthy obsession with Fountain Pens .........

Welcome to the club !!!!!!

BTW a Nibmeister is a person who sands. grinds, sets and otherwise repairs and or tunes nibs to perform at their peak. Also usually repair pens as well .

I've had two done by Binder, but they were new pens, and I don't know the before/after. I also had a nib that was Customized by Pendelton Brown (PB2 on FPN). I don't know if he does general tweaking or just his Italic conversions. It is every bit as good, if not better than the CI that I have from Binder. That said, it is on a pretty cheap Chinese pen.

Top Bottom