What's new

Fountain pen nibmeisters.

Deb Kinney at penhero.com is another.

Greg Minuskin mentioned above can also fix broken nibs and replace worn iridium.

I have my favorites, but you really can't go wrong with any people mentioned on this list.

If you are buying a pen from Binder and you want the nib customized you don't have to wait in the que. Your pen goes to the head of the line. It took 3 days from the day I ordered a custom ground pen to the day I received it.

I've had over 20 pens/ nibs worked on by Richard Binder, 6 or 7 pens by John Mottishaw, and one by Deb Kinney. I put Richard and John on a different pedestal than the rest of the nibmeisters. I've hears that Greg Minuskin was trained by John Mottishaw. He is very highly regarded by many in the know.
I've also had pens (Sailor's) customized by the uber nibmeisters Mr. Nagahara Sr. of the Sailor pen company. If you are ever lucky to have pens worked on by Mr. Nagaraha Sr. or even Jr. You can consider yourself a very lucky man.

I've had over 20 pens/ nibs worked on by Richard Binder, 6 or 7 pens by John Mottishaw, and one by Deb Kinney. I put Richard and John on a different pedestal than the rest of the nibmeisters. I've hears that Greg Minuskin was trained by John Mottishaw. He is very highly regarded by many in the know.
I've also had pens (Sailor's) customized by the uber nibmeisters Mr. Nagahara Sr. of the Sailor pen company. If you are ever lucky to have pens worked on by Mr. Nagaraha Sr. or even Jr. You can consider yourself a very lucky man.
Binder's backlog was near 8 months last time I checked, Mottishaw's is even worse. Greg does great work but mostly does Italic/CI regrinds.

Michael Masuyama at Mike it work also used to work at Sailor.

Top Bottom