What's new

Perma-sharp super

Just want to tell you I just shaved with the PERMA-SHARP SUPER, and all I can tell you is WOW!

In combination with PRORASO Ultra sensitive soap and EJ 89 razor is HEAVEN :thumbup:

I ordered this from bestshave...net , took around 3 weeks to the USA to arrive, and will order more..

I have a hundread coming my way from bestshave<dot>net, too.

After reading through the posts here (thanks gents) I specifically ordered the cardboard boxed blades.

Can't wait to try them. Very glad they are working well for you!

In Bestshave.net's blade sampler pack, are the perma-sharps the better ones (from the cardboard boxes) or the other ones (from the plastic boxes)? Anyone know?

Bestarrkin -- I believe that. I'm trying to figure out which they put in their sampler. Hard to tell from the photo as they're not shown in boxes.

Bestarrkin -- I believe that. I'm trying to figure out which they put in their sampler. Hard to tell from the photo as they're not shown in boxes.

make your own sampler, blades are very cheap, take both astras, sharks, perma-sharp super carboard box, you wont be dissapointed......I undertstand everyone is different, but the perma-sharp blade is a superior one.

the plastic is the one that has whiteboard.

Perma Sharp Super- they are a very good blade. Medical PrepPersona and Feathers are the only two blades that are better.

Tigrediablo: that's what I'm doing, by combining several sampler packs rather than buying lots of blades that I might never use long term.

I hear these are almost as sharp as a feather, but how is the longevity and smoothness?

I have used BIC (yellow one), Permasharp (brazilian), DERBY, Gillette super thin MEjorada, 7o'clock (Green stainless), Gillette bleue exra and Perma-sharp SUper and I can tell the last 2 are my favs, vey smooth and sharp...

Still have red personna, 7o'clock yellow, astra sp, and feather waiting =)

Tigrediablo: that's what I'm doing, by combining several sampler packs rather than buying lots of blades that I might never use long term.

AWESOME! I thought you wanted to buy the 30 blade pack sampler which they only show the waxpaper of the permasharp super in te picture.

Hmmm...I'd like to try these out before I but them.

Would anyone be willing to do a straight blade exchange, say, two of the "boxed" blades for two SIs, Bluebirds or Medical Personnas?

I remember reading that one of the members here will take the loose blades and bundle up to 5 of them together, then give a wrap in tin foil to hold them together. Tape these little package(s) to the middle of a piece of regular paper which has been folded to fit in a regular business size envelope and they can be mailed for the price of a first class stamp.

I have received a few loose blades from another member who did essentially the same thing, but instead sandwiched the blades between a couple of rectangles of heavy weight cardboard or posterboard-like paper then taped this to the regular paper. I think this would do well to help protect the edges...

Blue Skies!

I have four of the Perma Sharps from the cardboard box I would be willing to trade for 2 Bluebirds, and 2 Medical Personnas if anybody is interested.

Like them a lot. Only one shave in, but man they're sharp. Little abrasive as compared to what I usually which are Bolzanos, but BBS smooth longer. One thing that really blew me away on these was the Perma Sharp's got my neck BBS with no real irritation. That's my problem area in a big way. Am giving these a full 5-6 shaves uninterrupted to see what they do over time. Have to say I'm impressed with these. Feather sharpness but a whole lot smoother without the razor burn and discomfort afterwards. Love my Bolzanos, but could definitely see buying these in bulk if they remain consistent and can get 5 shaves out of a blade. These were a pleasant surprise! BTW, I'm referencing the ones in the cardboard packaging.

Top Bottom